D&D 3E/3.5 3e and 3.5 Dungeon Magazine

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to post this, but I'm new to posting things that don't fit exactly here so I wasn't sure where to put it. I'm interested in collecting the print copies of issue 82-150 but not exactly sure where to do it. I'm definitely a gamer on a budget, but RPGs are definitely not the norm where I'm from, that I know of there isn't a gaming store for around 40 miles, and even that one only sells new stuff not used. So I'm trying to get issues for around $2-3 a piece. Troll and Toad had 17 issues that fit all the criteria (along with a decent selection of super low priced Dragonlance stuff) however I'm seeing a decent few bad reviews of the site and don't know anyone personally that's used it. So I guess what I'm asking is does anyone have experience with T&T, or suggestions for a different place to grab them?
(Again I apologize if this is in the wrong spot)

VariSami

First Post
I have used Troll & Toad mostly for buying playing cards but I have also bought some RPG materials from them. At least for me there has never been a problem with them although I have read about some suspicions at one point. I would advice you to go for it from my experience. There are also some of the available at Amazon, though their prices are a bit more than what you have listed.

Stormonu

Legend
I believe also that paizo.com has some old copies, and at one point they offered PDFs of the magazines as well, which may be cheaper than the print copies (and searchable!)

I checked out NKG, and I had heard that the site was really good. They do have quite a few issues of the magazine, but they are a bit more than I'm willing to pay (for starting the collection) so I will likely use it to fill in gaps. At the moment I'm still very much considering T&T. The thing I've heard about them being bad lies almost exclusively in their customer service, not their actual business. As for pdfs, like what paizo has, I have a decent amount of pdfs already, I just prefer books.

My few experiences buying from T&T were good, but if budget is an major factor then I would advise you to routinely search eBay for magazine lots. That's how I found most of mine.

Remove ads