I have the following traditions from 3pps and issues of GPG:

Arcane Knight (Gate Pass Gazette)
Awakened Mind (Paranormal Power)
Beast Unity (Gate Pass Gazette)
Cutting Omen (MoAR Complete)
Eldritch Blackguard (Gate Pass Gazette)
Grinding Cog (MoAR Complete)
Sanctified Steel (Sinuous Sentinel)
Selfless Sentinel (Secrets of the Selkies)
Viper's Fangs (MoAR Complete)

I am aware of Comedic Jabs and Gallant Heart from GPG, but I don't own those issues--I'm waiting for the next sale.

Am I missing any?

Nephilim00

Explorer
So how does a character get these traditions? They don’t appear on the lists for any adventuring class or archetype. The character would have to take a level 1 in Fighter (since they can pick from ANY tradition), or take the Martial
Scholar feat. Any other paths to choosing these?

So how does a character get these traditions? They don’t appear on the lists for any adventuring class or archetype. The character would have to take a level 1 in Fighter (since they can pick from ANY tradition), or take the Martial
arcane knight, awakened mind, and eldritch blackguard i believe are intended to basically be like rare spells but for martials in that you need to earn access to them. beast unity can explicitly get picked up by any character with a feature that grants them an animal companion of the beast type when they gain a new maneuver. gallant heart explicitly mentions that fighters, heralds, marshals, and rogues can take it, and many of the traditions recommend certain classes or character types get certain traditions. i believe some (unofficial) archetypes get access to many of the (unofficial) traditions.

beyond that, there's always narrator fiat.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The articles and publications in question each presents their context.

Remove ads