Level Up (A5E) 3pp/GPG Traditions?

Faolyn

(she/her)
So how does a character get these traditions? They don’t appear on the lists for any adventuring class or archetype. The character would have to take a level 1 in Fighter (since they can pick from ANY tradition), or take the Martial
Scholar feat. Any other paths to choosing these?
As Morrus said, they say who can take them, but if they didn't, just assign them to whatever class seems most appropriate.

Edit for spelling

Last edited:

xiphumor

Legend
arcane knight, awakened mind, and eldritch blackguard i believe are intended to basically be like rare spells but for martials in that you need to earn access to them. beast unity can explicitly get picked up by any character with a feature that grants them an animal companion of the beast type when they gain a new maneuver. gallant heart explicitly mentions that fighters, heralds, marshals, and rogues can take it, and many of the traditions recommend certain classes or character types get certain traditions. i believe some (unofficial) archetypes get access to many of the (unofficial) traditions.

beyond that, there's always narrator fiat.
Yup. And Selfless Sentinel can be learned by any class that gets combat maneuvers and has either a d10 or d12 hit die, so it’s future proofed.

Selganor

Adventurer
The selfless Sentinel looks like a great Tradition for those who really want to protect other people.

It might really be "hidden" in the Selkie supplement and probably should be reprint somewhere else if possible.

xiphumor

Legend
The selfless Sentinel looks like a great Tradition for those who really want to protect other people.

It might really be "hidden" in the Selkie supplement and probably should be reprint somewhere else if possible.
I'll definitely consider it if I find the right product for it!

Remove ads