D&D 4E 4E Adventures

My group just finished Mauraders of the Dune Sea, and I really didn't like DMing it, and the group didn't seem to enjoy it too much. There was just too much disconnect in the hooks and in the module itself. The encounters seemed to be too hard at times or not enough of a challenge.

OnlineDM

Adventurer
I'll echo the suggestion of the War of the Burning Sky. I'm running it for my online group, and we've been having a good time. We're early in the third adventure right now, and I'm excited to get started again after our recent holiday break. As with any published adventure, I strongly recommend that the DM customize it as much as they wish - I made some big changes in some areas and small tweaks in others, all for the better in my opinion. It's a great campaign, and it gives the DM (and players) a good amount of freedom.

I'm also lucky enough to be involved in a storyline play test for ZEITGEIST, and while I'm not allowed to talk about it yet, I can say that I really like what I've seen so far. I expect that it's going to be a very cool campaign when it comes out, whenever that may be (I honestly don't know anything about the timing of the release of the campaign itself).

Dice4Hire

First Post
My group just finished Mauraders of the Dune Sea, and I really didn't like DMing it, and the group didn't seem to enjoy it too much. There was just too much disconnect in the hooks and in the module itself. The encounters seemed to be too hard at times or not enough of a challenge.

That is a truly terrible module. A horrible intro to Dark Sun.

'Read the note'

'Gold pieces'

Yeah, right.

'Read the note'

'Gold pieces'

Yeah, right.

My group and I agree! Now I just need to come up with the other 2 parts to the Crown of Dust to let them find, have it stolen from them and used by an insane teifling cultist, who is bound and determined to bring the Primordials back to Athas and destroy it!

Ahrimon

Bourbon and Dice

'Read the note'

'Gold pieces'

Yeah, right.

They explain it in the campaign setting. All references to gold peices are gold colored glazed ceramic peices. It allows them to change the currency without having to change the way people think. Good compromise in my oppinion.

Remove ads