• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4e Character Sheet, fully editable and auto populating

myrik

First Post
***REV5e
Fixed Healing word text, “now 2/enctr (1/rnd)”
Some fields, like human extra at-will power, are now correctly editable
Still getting some errors with the reader savable version, at time of upload, it was working correctly, with all lists acting normally.

THANKS alot for the input guys!!

***REV5b
fixed a little spelling error
fixed basic attack range format to accomadate the correct display (20/40)
fixed jack of all trades

another few notes in the text file

------------------------------------------------------

***** EDITED DOWN, PREVIOUS INFORMATION IN TEXT FILE WITH .ZIP PACKAGE **** =)

***REV5 now done, instead of addin all the items I added to it on here, I put a text file in the .zip with all the noteS.
Let me know if you like it!

(file is now uploaded here and prev. post info in the text file as well)
Yup, I added in the initiative thing for you and soo soo much more... my fingers hurt now.

Get it here:
http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=231186
or here:
http://www.dragonavenue.com/forums/viewthread/852/

Last edited:

myrik

First Post
Thought I would just add a couple notes...

1. Many of the fields, especially in the AC defense area, can be filled in by the user and will calculat automatically in the final defense.

2. in the defenses section is a box for light armor and another for heavy armor. you should only fill in the one appropriate to your armor or your AC will be incorrect.

3. text field for the encumbrance is a little off, will fix that one later.

4. The # of powers are not currently auto filling based on level, but will add that soon.

5. Be sure to turn on field highlighting in your PDF viewer, the sheet has a lot of fields to that can be filled in.

*bump*

Last edited:

myrik

First Post
*** edited to add the updated sheet, Its fully done now.

***Added in support for all item weights, total weight and auto populate the encumbrance field

***Changed the font to make it more readable, especially when printed as multiple sheets per page, putting both sides on 1 side of a normal size piece of paper.

***The number of each power type known per level now auto populates.

Get it here: http://www.dragonavenue.com/forums/...read/852/#11126

*** the sheet is fully done now, barring furthur support later for magic armor materials in the equipment section, Paragon abilities, Epic abilities and future splat books classes / abilities. ***

Yeah, that was waaaay premature.

Last edited:

mattdm

First Post
Hmmm. The fact that the filename says it is "editabel" makes me slightly suspicious about the accuracy of the calculations in general. :)

myrik

First Post
All of them calculations are completely accurate, because I had a lot of editorial help to make sure...also, lots of going back and correcting some spelling mistakes.

I may not take enough time to judge my accurate spelling and grammars, but the sheet is correct. Promise. Really, use it and see! :D

(heh, getting flamed for my poor spelling has always kept me from posting on boards more than 1 or 2 times a year. Figures the first reply I get is a remark about my spelling and not a thanks ;) )

Brain

First Post
A couple things I noticed immediately when plugging in a level 2 dwarf fighter:

Speed doesn't populate differently based on race. Dwarf and Elf both give 6 instead of 5 and 7. (easy enough for me to work around)

The armor penalties area only has -1 or -2 option. I'd add in -3 and -4 as well, or a heavy shield check box. (no readily apparent workaround)

Also, experience needed to level isn't a field that calculates (maybe intentional)

myrik

First Post
THANKS EVERYONE for your comments and helpfull hints!

They really helped and I have made a lot of improvements b/c of them!

captainstewart

Explorer
Myrik,

I love the new sheet. However, there is one issue that keeps me from using it: I can't save it! Having the sheet take all the information and calculate it is absolutely fantastic, but it doesn't really save me any time as a GM if I have to input the information in from scratch every time I need a new sheet for one of my players. If you could make this so I could save versions of it for each character, that would be a lifesaver.

On a second note, I was playing around with it and it crashed my Acrobat Reader. I'm using version 8.1.2 of Reader on Mac OS 10.4. I don't remember specifically what caused the issue, but I do recall I was working with a Dragonborn Paladin (note the single-word spelling of the race), and for some reason it crashed when I tried to scroll the page. Very strange.

Thanks for your hard work.

myrik

First Post
Thanks for you support!

First off, I will fix the spelling issue with Dragonborn.

Second, save and possible crash issue is likely due to the fact that I used elements from a PDF 7 and a PDF 8 doc. I am aware that is is creating issues and have been working to try and get it smoothly into version 8. I think now though, that I may step it back to version 7 and see if that helps.

With the stats, they should be editable, even with the drop down list, highlight and type over...but I realize now as I am typing this, that the script wont support the higher numbers...Will fix this up to 40 soon.
*** EDIT *** actually, the Stats should be increased past 1st level with the racial increase box; right of the base stats box.

Ill post something as soon as I get an improvement.

Last edited:

Remove ads