D&D 4E 4E Character Sheet (PDF, B&W, 2 pages, portrait)

Mezzer

First Post
Will wonders not cease, 'tis a character sheet! :) As the title says, the sheet is split into two pages, with all the more relevant info on the front, so you don't have to flip back and forth like a madman.

The style is simple, yet distinct, and strives to keep everything organized and easy to find on the sheet. I've never been one for char sheets in color, and I also never liked seeing too much gray on a sheet either. The design is based on my group's older character sheets (3rd and 2nd edition), while accommodating everything that I found relevant for a 4E sheet.

I've done my best to group certain things you might use in conjunction, and I've included plenty of space for effects I can't predict off hand. Some small concessions had to be made here and there, since I put function ahead of aesthetics, while adhering to some concepts I have about what a sheet should look like. :)

Hopefully someone can find it of use. I'd love to hear any comments and opinions you guys might have, and any suggestions are also welcome. The sheet has had fairly little playtesting so far (only 3 sessions worth), so while I didn't notice any errors or anything of that kind, I may be doing some tweaks and such, as issues crop up. Here's hoping I won't have to. :)

Page 1 preview
Page 2 Preview

Download the sheet here (zipped pdf)

Last edited:

Chrysophrase

First Post
It's actually quite nice. I think I like Landscape better, but this is definitely an improvement over the official sheets. Saves on ink as well ;)

Mezzer

First Post
Hehe, thanks. I wanted to get a solid portrait version going before I started any other concepts though. And yeah, I hate seeing that much black on any given sheet, my poor cartridges can't handle the stress. ;)

Conjurer

Explorer
Really nice. I'll be using this one from now on.

One observation, though. There really should be a 7th and 8th line for the Weapons & Attacks section to accomodate Encounter/Dailies for High level characters.

Mezzer

First Post
Really nice. I'll be using this one from now on.

One observation, though. There really should be a 7th and 8th line for the Weapons & Attacks section to accomodate Encounter/Dailies for High level characters.
Well, while I suppose I could expand the Weapons & Attacks area, it would be a fair bit of hassle to accommodate the extra space requirement, so for now it'll have to stay like this. Unless of course the need for more space should become pronounced, which so far it hasn't for my group's sessions anyway.

For some reason I cannot get Acrobat to "see" it, though it does look like a neat sheet from the jpgs.
Hmn, that's really odd. I just tried downloading it, and it worked fine for me, and apparently nobody else had any problems with it, so I can't help you. :-S

Valyar

First Post
I really likes the page 1 preview, but it gives me error every time i try to download. Is the site where it is hosted down?

DanmarLOK

First Post
First let me applaud you for not putting thin white text in large solid black boxes. Honestly does anyone find that easier to read that way than black text in a soothing sea of white?

Very nice, clean layout that's both eye and printer friendly.

On a very personal note I'd only use 'neat' fonts for perhaps the header stuff and use a san-serif for everything else. Complicated curly-que serif fonts are just harder to read at a glance and finding information at a glance is a big reason to use a sheet. But again that's very subjective and personal and is nota criticism on your sheet.

Oh and only the page 1 jpg is viewable the other two links are broken:

Not Found

The requested URL /_temp/4E_char_sheet.zip was not found on this server.

Good work all around.

Jack Colby

First Post
Based on the first page image, I really like this sheet! Does anyone happen to still have a copy saved? I notice that Mezzer hasn't been around in a while, so I don't have much hope the broken link will be fixed. Please PM me if you'd be willing to share a copy, thanks.

Remove ads