4E Class Survivor Round 17 - The Fighter is the Sole Survivor!

Which class do you want to be the last survivor?

• Fighter

Votes: 111 71.6%
  • Rogue

Votes: 44 28.4%

• Poll closed .
I shall hereby send forward my protest by voting for neither.

We have by attrition worked out the two least hated classes rather than the two best. I refuse to vote for either as the best class because in my opinion, neither are worthy.

It has been an interesting ride though so thank you Glyfair for all the effort - XP to you.

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

Changing the rules on the last round is prolly a mistake, imho. You're going to get a lot of "oops, should have read that!" votes. Next time you do a series of polls, I really think you ought to keep the rules the same through the end, or else your conclusions are suspect.

This is me, count my vote toward the fighter even if I voted rogue, not a good ideal to change rules you have used for the last 16 rounds on the last vote

Nahat Anoj

First Post
Well, I got the rule change, so I voted for the one I wanted (go fighter!). But ... until a new class survivor is done and presuming the fighter wins, we will never know if the fighter won because people wanted him to be the last survivor *or* if people were thinking they were voting it off the island. ;)

All of us thought the editions wars were bad ... wait until we see the class wars!! ;)

Wik

First Post
Yeah, I went for fighter, but it was really close. I'm more a GM, and I've yet to play either. The rogue powers seem pretty cool, and the rogues in my group have a lot of fun... but the fighter, with his marking and with some neat little powers, really just has more appeal to me.

I shall hereby send forward my protest by voting for neither.

We have by attrition worked out the two least hated classes rather than the two best. I refuse to vote for either as the best class because in my opinion, neither are worthy.

It has been an interesting ride though so thank you Glyfair for all the effort - XP to you.

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

Not a chance. While there might be some differences along the way, Fighter wins the 4E popularity contest if we did the poll the opposite way, American Idol style. Fighter is "Teh Sex" of 4E.

Maybe we should try it that way and see how different it turns out. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Fighter win every round of that.

Not a chance. While there might be some differences along the way, Fighter wins the 4E popularity contest if we did the poll the opposite way, American Idol style. Fighter is "Teh Sex" of 4E.

Maybe we should try it that way and see how different it turns out. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Fighter win every round of that.
Consider it done! Let's give it a month or two and start: :cool:Class Idol:cool: TM

The format should be everyone votes for their favourite; with two or three being knocked out each round until you have a final eight, then knocking out the least favoured each round. I'll grant you the fighter will go OK but "Teh Sex"? We'll just have to see.

I suppose the main problem with such a format is that it is so PC, and good-willed and... perhaps a little boring? I don't know.

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

Dice4Hire

First Post
Well, I correctly voted for the fighter to stay, and am glad he is solidly in the lead right now.

He is a good class, and really is the most representative of 4E, giving powers to a class that traditionally does not use magic. Plus giving him a big boost in power and reliability and finally giving him a chance to take down a wizard of 5th or higher level in a straight up fight.

lud

Explorer
The Fallen

Warning: I'll check all the numbers from the previous rounds, I know I missed a few votes for rounds when the next one started before the end of the previous one,I'll remove this message once done

We have a new "Most Decisive" and a new voting record...

Closest decision: Artificer vs Warlord : 2 votes (round 1)
Most decisive: Wizard vs Rogue : 92 votes (round 16)
The survivor: (Tie) Avenger, Swordmage, Warlock, Warlock : Two rounds as the runner up
Run with most votes : Round 16, 330 votes

The last of their role:
Code:
                   Last                  First
Roles            Standing     Round      To Go    Round
--------------------------------------------------------
Controller        Wizard       16       Invoker     8
Defender          Fighter    Never!      Warden     7
Leader            Cleric        5      Artificer    1
Striker           Rogue        17       Warlock     6
Code:
Round   Victim     Origin  Role   Hit / Total (%)   Runner up (vote, lead) 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  1     Artificer  EPG    [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Leader[/COLOR]   31 / 180 (17.22%) [COLOR=Plum]Warlord [/COLOR](29, +2)
  2     Warlord    PHB1   [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Leader[/COLOR]   49 / 211 (23.22%) [COLOR=Plum]Shaman [/COLOR](45, +4)
  3     Shaman     PHB2   [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Leader[/COLOR]   58 / 199 (29.15%) Warlock (31, +27)
  4     Bard       PHB2   [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Leader[/COLOR]   45 / 266 (16.92%) Warden (39, +6)
  5     Cleric     PHB1   Leader   54 / 274 (19.71%) [COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Plum]Warlock[/COLOR] [/COLOR](53, +1)
  6     Warlock    PHB1   [COLOR=Lime]Striker[/COLOR]  45 / 220 (20.45%) [COLOR=Plum]Warden[/COLOR] (36, +9)
  7     Warden     PHB2   [COLOR=Orange]Defender[/COLOR] 50 / 233 (21.46%) [COLOR=Plum]Invoker [/COLOR](40, +10)
  8     Invoker    PHB2   Control  58 / 234 (24.79%) Swordmage (34, +24)
  9     Paladin    PHB    Defender 63 / 248 (25.40%) [COLOR=Plum]Swordmage [/COLOR](52, +9)
  10    Swordmage  FRPG   Defender 50 / 207 (24.15%) Avenger (45, +5)
  11    Druid      PHB2   Control  68 / 216 (31.48%) [COLOR=Plum]Avenger [/COLOR](50, +18)
  12    Avenger    PHB2   Striker  83 / 202 (41.09%) Ranger (50, +33)
  13    Ranger     PHB    Striker  82 / 256 (32.03%) Barbarian (78, +4)
  14    Barbarian  PHB2   Striker  90 / 241 (37.34%) Sorcerer (66, +24)
  15    Sorcerer   PHB2   Striker 100 / 226 (44.25%) Wizard (58, +42)
  16    Wizard     PHB    Control 183 / 330 (55.45%) Rogue (109, +72)
Here is the list of the 3 safest classes in each of the previous rounds:

Code:
Round    1st Place        2nd Place           3rd Place    Total Vote
   1     Cleric (1)     Avenger, Barbarian, Fighter (2)       180
   2  Druid,Fighter (2)                   Cleric,Sorcerer (3) 211
   3    Fighter (3)     Rogue, Sorcerer (4)                   199
   4    Fighter (1)       Barbarian (2)       Rogue (4)       266
   5    Fighter (2)        Rogue (3)          Many (5)        274  
   6    Fighter (2)     Barbarian, Rogue (4)                  220
   7    Fighter (3)      Barbarian (5)        Rogue (6)       233
   8    Fighter (2)        Rogue (9)    Sorcerer/barb (10)    234
   9    Fighter (5)        Rogue (9)          Wizard (9)      248
  10    Fighter (3)        Rogue (5)         Wizard (10)      207
  11    Fighter (8)       Rogue (9)         Sorcerer (13)     216
  12    Fighter (10)       Rogue (10)       Sorcerer (18)     202
  13     Rogue (14)       Fighter (16)       Wizard (30)      256
  14    Fighter (18)       Rogue (29)        Wizard (38)      241
  15    Fighter (29)       Rogue (39)        Wizard (58)      226
  16    Fighter (38)       Rogue (109)
The number of votes is noted next to each of them.

Last edited:

Remove ads