4E Class Survivor - Round 9 (The top ten classes)

Which 4E class do you want to vote off the list?

• Avenger

Votes: 26 16.0%
  • Barbarian

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Druid

Votes: 20 12.3%
  • Fighter

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Paladin

Votes: 31 19.0%
  • Ranger

Votes: 14 8.6%
  • Rogue

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Sorcerer

Votes: 10 6.1%
  • Swordmage

Votes: 36 22.1%
  • Wizard

Votes: 5 3.1%

• Poll closed .

Herschel

Adventurer
Ranger: Now 40% more boring with Arcane Power giving an option for a solid and interesting archer (Prescient Bard). "Duuuuhhhhh, I does damage good with my shooty sticks and am uber pwner" is just not good enough for anyone but a new player.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Ranger: Now 40% more boring with Arcane Power giving an option for a solid and interesting archer (Prescient Bard). "Duuuuhhhhh, I does damage good with my shooty sticks and am uber pwner" is just not good enough for anyone but a new player.
Prescient Bard ought to have used Dexterity instead of Wisdom -- that would even work in flavor, since Initiative is based on Dexterity.

I wonder if they didn't want to tread on the Sorcerer's toes.

Cheers, -- N

Nahat Anoj

First Post
Prescient Bard ought to have used Dexterity instead of Wisdom -- that would even work in flavor, since Initiative is based on Dexterity.

I wonder if they didn't want to tread on the Sorcerer's toes.
Perhaps. I think Dex is at least as good as Wis. The only think I can think of is that thematically Wis is the "perception" skill, and you use that to see into the future, navigate the currents of luck and fate, or whatever it is prescient bards do to use their powers.

lud

Explorer
The Fallen

We should never forget the fallen...so I volunter to record the events leading to their last moment with us:

Code:
Round   Victim     Origin  Role   Hit / Total (%)   Runner up (vote, lead) 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  1     Artificer  EPB    Leader   31 / 180 (17.22%) Warlord (29, +2)
  2     Warlord    PHB1   Leader   49 / 211 (23.22%) Shaman (45, +4)
  3     Shaman     PHB2   Leader   58 / 199 (29.15%) Warlock (31, +27)
  4     Bard       PHB2   Leader   45 / 266 (16.92%) Warden (39, +6)
  5     Cleric     PHB1   Leader   54 / 266 (20.30%) Warlock (51, +3)
  6     Warlock    PHB1   Striker  45 / 220 (20.45%) Warden (36, +9)
  7     Warden     PHB2   Defend   50 / 233 (21.46%) Invoker (40, +10)
  8     Invoker    PHB2   Control  58 / 234 (24.79%) Swordmage (34, +24)

Looking at the current results, it seems the next 3 rounds are already decided...

... total of vote have gone up 1 vote since the last one, since Garthanos is not voting any more that mean 2 more peoples are back from the peak of the 4 and 5 round? :)

Last edited:

Nahat Anoj

First Post
As I type this, the swordmage is just a bit ahead of the paladin. While I love the paladin's flavor and theme, I just feel the current mechanical incarnation doesn't do it justice.
Well, almost to the end, and it looks like the swordmage might just squeak by to live for one more round :) . Personally, I don't mind if the pally gets it.

Cadfan

First Post
I haven't commented in a while, since my vote hasn't changed in a few rounds:

Swordmage.

You are a grab bag of random elemental junk. And you carefully highlight the flaws in the weapon switching rules. Go away.

Though we're rapidly getting to the point where I'm going to be voting for classes I like, simply because I like other classes better.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Goodbye Avenger, a character which specializes in going solo has no place in a group game.

hmmm they do now have a unity build... ;-) Commanding Avenger... All for one and one for all? For some reason Avengers get martial-ized in my mind. Duelists and Captains.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
I new it was going to be paladin or swordmage before hitting the button.

So, those plus avenger, for the next 3?

Remove ads