D&D 4E 4E conversions of 5E

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
IME, the process of converting Pathfinder adventures/APs to 4E products something better than the original (and I type that as a Paizo fan).

My skinniest conversion yet from 1E to 4E was reducing G1 The Steading of the Hill Giant Chief into a single massive encounter. :)

Well pathfinder folks have a solid adventure design reputation...

Well pathfinder folks have a solid adventure design reputation...

The APs I read through seemed well-written in a sort of grand overall sense, and appeared to provide good story structure, motivations, etc. OTOH the encounters were IMHO not even close to par with some of the better 4e stuff. Obviously APs probably vary depending on exactly who wrote them, but I sort of felt like a marriage of 4e and PF adventure design techniques would be fruitful.

darkbard

Legend
but I sort of felt like a marriage of 4e and PF adventure design techniques would be fruitful.

QFT. I've long thought that what Paizo did/does best was identify excellent and creative story/narrative writers who understood how to evoke mood and, sometimes, pacing in their adventure and setting design. But their system and mechanical element writing isn't as interesting/well balanced IMHO.

MoutonRustique

Explorer
I would like a few recommendations of Pathfinder APs to obtain - should those who've experienced (or simply read them) be so inclined.

I've been meaning to get back into my "Make 4e adventures better" mode - but every time I sit down to do it, I get a "don't wanna" feeling... But then, at 2AM I get so many ideas to improve on so-and-so... Frakin' timing... BUT I think a conversion project might be easier to get myself to "commit" to it.

I think.

Myrhdraak

Explorer

Remove ads