[4e] covaithe's E1: Death's Reach

CaBaNa

First Post
Thanks for the clarification Covaithe, sorry about needing all that explanation... It seems I'm still more of a novice than I thought!

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
It occurs to me that I have no powers that give bonus saves or even bonuses to saves. I think that's something I need to look into when we level up ...

In other words - sorry Stonegod, I don't have anything to help Batin out :(

EDIT: before I forget again, last round did the ghoul horde take extra damage from radiant vulnerability too, or just from close/area vulnerability? Divine Power does radiant damage, but even if it didn't, enemies always take radiant vuln damage from Sarenax's attacks (Pervasive Light feat).

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
The horde doesn't have radiant vulnerability. I have no idea why, but that's what the stat block says. *shrug* I forgot about pervasive light, but looking at it now it seems like it doesn't change anything.

renau1g

First Post
Speaking of forgetting stuff, I forgot my strikebacks (gauntlets) give me a +1 to OA's, so it should be +27 vs AC for 2d8+18 damage... for OA's if you roll for them

covaithe

Explorer
I had forgotten it, so I'm glad you mentioned it. However... You said that you wanted to be high enough to be able to create your burst 2 in O15 and catch people in it. That's 20' high at minimum by my reckoning, which gives you LOE to O15 at 10' high. If you're at that height, then you don't have LOE to M16 at 5' high, which is the first square Hertrud enters that would be within your aura. Auras need LOE to work, like any other area effect. If you're higher than 20', then Hertrud is out of range of your aura. So, no aura damage this time. But thanks for reminding me.

covaithe

Explorer
Yes. You're right, Hertrud was and is still marked w/Aegis. For some reason I hadn't ever marked it down that he was marked. He still hits Kalas.

Remove ads