• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4E Creature Collection from Fiery Dragon

catsclaw227

First Post
With the SL Ratmen, I can whip out my Warrens of the Ratmen supplement for Scarred Lands and start converting encounters.

This bodes well....... I have been mulling an online only 4e campaign running Maptools and was contemplating setting and adventures. WotBS 4e? WOTC H-P-E?

But if this means a Scarred Lands campaign will be coming? Maybe I'll wait and see how that will shape up.

Glyfair

Explorer
But if this means a Scarred Lands campaign will be coming? Maybe I'll wait and see how that will shape up.
I have been browsing the Fiery Dragon site. It seems there is almost nothing there about upcoming products or lines.

Very odd.

According to this post (in a thread where I pointed out that these products were coming out):
Fiery Dragon has taken over the Sword & Sorcery imprint from White Wolf. It does not include any of the Necromancer, Malhavoc or World of Warcraft material but I suspect that hardly comes as a surprise. It DOES include all the Scarred Lands stuff so expect to see new material for this setting being produced for 4E.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Small operation with lots of delays with product in the past? Check.

Well, don't know what to say after that.

If they can get Relics and Rituals out the door before Gen Con (another four months), I'd be surprised. Happy but surprised.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Short review:

Art is the same as from the original books mostly. I was hoping some of it would be upgraded. Some is quite good, some just isn't.

Good range of monster levels.

Very true to the scarred lands and the original versions of these monsters.

No playtesting yet, so I won't comment on the balance issues, if there are any.

Some fluff, could use more, but enough for the most part to be useful.

I'd recommend it, especially if you are a DM that likes lots of monsters.

catsclaw227

First Post
I have been browsing the Fiery Dragon site. It seems there is almost nothing there about upcoming products or lines.
Maybe Claudio or FieryJames can pop in and give us an update or maybe even share with us his pie-in-the-sky ideas? Even if they are just thoughts and not any actionable items yet, it would help give us an idea what they WANT to do with SL.

avin

First Post
How much fluff do you think was chopped out compared to the original CC? Does it otherwise follow the 4e Monster Manual format to the last letter?

Ok, I just bought it. Fluff is using the same 4E format, which is bad IMO.

I will take a deeper reading and then share some thoughts.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads