4E DM's screen: anyone got it?

pedr

Explorer
I've got the DM's screen on pre-order from Amazon.co.uk which appears once again to be having problems getting hold of D&D stuff. I'm in no hurry to get it so will probably just wait patiently for them to get their problems ironed out, but yesterday's DMG update gave me pause: can anyone here who has the screen let me know whether any of the information on the inside of the screen was changed? If the screen has lists of skill DCs it'd be pretty useless, now those numbers have been changed by the update!

I've got the DM's screen on pre-order from Amazon.co.uk which appears once again to be having problems getting hold of D&D stuff. I'm in no hurry to get it so will probably just wait patiently for them to get their problems ironed out, but yesterday's DMG update gave me pause: can anyone here who has the screen let me know whether any of the information on the inside of the screen was changed? If the screen has lists of skill DCs it'd be pretty useless, now those numbers have been changed by the update!

I've ordered it together with H2, but there seem to be some problems with the European Distribution, at least according to Dragonworld.

Zander

Explorer
Okay... I wonder if they want to incorporate latest errata (skill challenges and stuff?), or if it's something else...
My understanding is that WotC were not happy with the cardboard stock proposed by the printers who needed more time to source the heavier card stock WotC wanted.

wedgeski

Adventurer
My understanding is that WotC were not happy with the cardboard stock proposed by the printers who needed more time to source the heavier card stock WotC wanted.
If this is true, I rejoice. To be honest I'm disappointed in the delay as a useful DM's screen is extremely high on my want-list, but I guess I can make do for a month.

cangrejoide

First Post
I doubt it. That doesn't mean that they won't merely that I don't think it is the reason. The August date has been there for a long time.

I used to look forward to GM screens, but way back then whne I started GMing 3E I decided to take the screen down and let the dice fall were they may.

I don't know if I can ever put a screen back on.

The Lost Muse

First Post
If this is true, I rejoice. To be honest I'm disappointed in the delay as a useful DM's screen is extremely high on my want-list, but I guess I can make do for a month.

I made my own last weekend... by taping the 4e charts on top of the 3.5 charts, which are themselves taped on the inside of my old 3.0 screen. To complete the upgrade I taped some of the art from the core books, along with a couple pieces from Eberron on the outside. It doesn't look really great... but there's lots of room for skull stickers :lol:

(My personal favourite is the "don't go anywhere collage," featuring a massive sea monster attacking a sailing ship, the piece from Magic of Eberron where the Lyrandar scion is trying to prevent the airship from crashing while a skeleton attacks her, the aerial battle over Sharn, and a red dragon in the wilderness. I also have orcus charging, the send up of Raiders of the Last Ark with the dwarf and elf? running from a boulder, the Lord of Blades, and a couple other sweet pieces.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases