D&D 4E 4e Duergar PC Race (First Cut)

LordOgre

First Post
Played 3 games with a Duergar Warlord!! Very good, well-balanced, we are having a lot of fun, ive also created a magical tattoo to go with the duergar treachery punishment

LordOgre

First Post
Due to the recent information on Duergar in the Dhampyr article in Dragon Magazine 371, the bearded quill would not unbalanced the race if it was upgraded to 5 ongoing poison dmg and -2 attack rolls...

Quills (minor; encounter) Poison
Ranged 3; +10 vs. AC; 2d8 + 8 damage, and the target takes
ongoing 5 poison damage and a –2 penalty to attack rolls
(save ends both).

This is the power used by the:
Bloodcrazed Duergar Dhampyr Level 8 Elite Brute
Medium natural humanoid (devil, vampire)

Melfast

Explorer
Duergar Tattoos

LordOgre,

Thanks for the comments. I've been away from the board and am just getting back to looking at posts.

I like the idea of expanding tattoos or runes as a unique form of duergar magic. The tattoos would tie into the idea of duergar as a psionic race.

If you get a chance, I'd love to hear more about what you did with the tattoos.

Melfast.

LordOgre

First Post
Well ive upgraded the quills' damage to D8 + CON +5 ongoing poison dmg and -2 attack since its an encouter power, shouldnt be an unbalanced power.

also, about the tatto, ive only made a tatoo of the exiled, giving the bearer +1 att and +2 dmg VS aberrant creature, cuz my exiled duergar was supposed to be sent in a suicide mission VS a city of illithid with a small crew of prisonners, although he survived and had to retreat into the outside world (he did not flee ;) ) because of a collapsing cavern due to a surprise attack from the drow that happened at the same time the duergar's prisonners rushed in

oh! the tatoo also gives -2 att and -2AC VS Duergar in case the exiled wouldnt execute the last order from his kin

Cas Liber

First Post
Must say I wouldn't link them to Asmodeus, who has loads of feathers in his cap anyway...why not one of the other devils? My first choice is someone like Belial (lord of lies) which goes with their sneaky nature, or maybe Mammon (greed), or even Mephistopheles (sneaky as well)
Cas

Remove ads