[4e] [ePoL] Heroic Souls IC (R6 Heian > Monsters > Eldan&Champy > Quinn > Silvi > )

Graf

Explorer
Heian brings down the shaman with a powerful blow, channeling healing energy into Silvi.

The holy energy seems to drive the demonic force from the creature, but it doesn't leave quietly a blast of fiendish energy erupts from its flesh. The blast scours Heian [9dam] with dark energy, but his divine shield protects the rest of the party (particularly Eldan)

[sblock=Fiendish Blast]
F2 death burst
heian 21vs fort 9 dam
champy 10
eldan 14
silvi 8 [/sblock]

[sblock=status at end of fight 2]
Champy 22/33 +8 +8= 33 (surges 11)

Eldan 15/27

Heian 4/27

Silvi 22/28 -> 28/28
silvi spends one more healing surge hp=28 (so 3 remaining) .
[/sblock]

[sblock=xp]180 per PC (see xp sblock in Character thread)[/sblock]

Graf

Explorer
The clearing grows quiet. Around you the forest broods darkly.

[sblock=Arcana 20]The demonic energies have seeped from the fungi men back into the ground.
Lessened of course.

Still the festering dark power under the land is so vast as to make the change virtually imperceptible, even to your keen senses.[/sblock]

Positioned as you are by the center of the ruined tower the whole group can see inside. A great brown and white mass of is packed against the western half of the tower, coming up to your mid-knee.
[sblock=Nature or heal:15]These are the bodies of fungi men, a lot of them.

[sblock=Nature: 20]It seems to be a makeshift compost pile/graveyard. The dead fungi are slowly decaying, and if you look closely you can see that they seem to be growing together, over time new fungi men will emerge.[/sblock]

[sblock=Nature: 25]You estimate that new fungi men will emerge within a few months probably around 8 or so; interred as they are in this tainted land they will certainly be as tainted by fiendish energy as their predecessors.[/sblock]

[sblock=Heal: 20]There are perhaps 20~25 fungi men in the "pile". The died violently and recently.[/sblock]

[sblock=Heal: 25]You have to poke carefully in the pile for a bit to discover more. [sblock=If you do so]There seem to be two groups of bodies.
One of which were killed by weapon blows, some of them extraordinarily powerful.
The other, smaller group, seems to be harmed by magic in some fashion; but inconsistently. Some are dessicated while others are overgrown with growths.[/sblock][/sblock]

[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
As Heian swords glows with its golden light and he's invested by the fiendish energy pouring ou of the corrupted creature, his shield glows and for a brief instant he feels like wearing a heavy metal armor. He has another brief [sblock=flashback]A King of Winter, in a marble hall, sitting on his throne, his brows severe, his sword on his knees. Another man in armor, kneeling before him. A chain is bound to his heel, that reaches to a dark room in a far corner...[/sblock]

Heian, tired, injured and sickened by the impure energy that has hit him, sits on the ground, looking only distractly at the carneous mass. Looks like many, many bodies of those fungi, amassed. He comment, slightly nauseated. Then he takes out his helm made from mud and casts it away, massaging his forehead with his hands.

[sblock=mini-stats]Heian spends four healing surges to be back at full health. If champy or Silvi don't have healing srges remaining, there's Lay on hands.

[sblock=mini-stats]Heian- Half-elf Paladin 1
Initiative:+0 Passive perception:12 Passive Insight:19 (low-light vision)
AC:20 For:14 Ref:13 Will:15
HP:27/27 Bloodied:13 Surges value:6 Surges/day:6/11
Speed:5 Languages:Common,?
AP:0 Second Wind:-
Opportunity attack: +6 vs AC, 1d8+3
Powers: Holy strike, Enfeebling Strike, Divine challenge, Lay on hands: 2
Divine Mettle//Divine strenght, Furious smash, Piercing Smite
Paladin's judgement[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
I suggest we keep moving, I don't want to spend the night here..." the sage comments, making a gesture toward the direction from where the party came from. "Maybe out fungus friend can lead us out."

Redclaw

First Post
Out where, Eldan asks, trying not to sound disheartened. We had him lead us to other beings, and we arrived here. What instructions do we give now?

Graf

Explorer
ooc: forced Eldan to spend two surges.
[sblock=OOC Quinn's nature roll & Heian's heal roll]OOC: Quinn's nature roll = 16 effective 19
Heian go a 9... effective roll = 16
so you both get

>These are the bodies of fungi men, a lot of them.
(it's not much but...)
[/sblock]

Champy stands motionless.

[sblock=status at end of fight 2]
Champy 22/33 +8 +8= 33
--surges 11/13

Eldan 27/27
--surges 6/8

Heian 27/27
--surges 7/11

Silvi 28/28
--surges: 3/6

Quinn - unharmed
[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
While resting, Heian continues to look at Champy, thoughtful.
But since thinking isn't really his specialty, he approaches him and tries once more to communicate with him.
Champy, I know you did your best for us, but what we meant when we asked you to lead us to where people are... was to lead us to people...like us you know...do you understand what I mean? Heian says, pointing at himself and his companions.
...and what happened to those creatures' bodies over there? he continues, pointing at the flesh mass.
After a very intimate experience, Heian feels compelled to put his hand on Champy's shoulder, and, hoping he can understand his words a bit longer, he says, loudly: Don't be offended, Champy. I see you are a proud warrior, and a much better person than many we lived along with....Then he turns at the other, with a sigh, and says: First of all, Eldan, i believe Champy has some sort of deep connection with you. I have established a strange, mutual, altough brief connection with him, and I saw that he traveled much, and suffered many hardships since as soon as he was born to reach you. I think we should keep him in high regard, more than we have till now.
Furthermore... It seems Champy dos indeed know -from a distance- a great city of some kind.
But reaching it, i think, will not be a brief journey. We must pass through these corrupted lands, and we are at its beginning. Champy has also encountered strange, brutal warriors of which I have not seen the likes yet.
Also,
and now Heian points at the mass of flesh next to the tower,I think that is where those fungoids, and Champy too, apparently, are born. But Champy seems to hate these ones... Do you think we should destroy that.... nest, Champy? he asks, on a second thought, turning at Champy again.

Remove ads