D&D 4E 4e Errata... where will you put it?

weem

First Post
When 3e Errata came out for the core set, I wrote it directly into the books, in their appropriate sections. I didn't want to have to reference another document, etc. I don't have an issue marking up new books so it was the best way to go for me.

I will be doing the same this time when the errata shows up, but in asking around I couldn't find any others who ever did, or even planned on writing the errata directly into their new books... So I'm curious - how do YOU plan to manage 4e errata? How have you done it in the past?

Agamon

Adventurer
Yeah, one of my 3.0 PHBs was written in with errata in it's appropriate spots. 3.5 didn't have much, and I kept the couple sheets of errata with me.

Not sure what I'll do here. These books are so nice, I'm not sure I want to use them, let alone write in them. :p

Oompa

First Post
Just cut an sticky note into reall small bits, just print an errate, give it page numbers and when you want an reference in youre normal book, just stick an reall small sticky note next to the text with the page number of the errata?

No need to write in the book and the stickys are easy to remove..

silentounce

First Post
I always write them in the books, as long as it's not a ton of info.

But with 4e, seeing that the errata will probably be large, I'm going to wait for a second printing.

samursus

Explorer
I actually haven't seen much errata.... many issues I have seen on the boards were resolved through a deeper understanding of the core design mechanics and/or clarifications from others. Personally I haven't even found any spelling mistakes...

Of course this depends on what you think errata is. FTR my definition is blatantly wrong words used and/or mistakes that mess up things so bad, you can't even determine (with some common sense) what the gist is.

Nyarlathotep

Explorer
I usually go through and use a small round sticky to mark section that have errata and then put a print out of the errata in the back of the book. (Most my books have Chessex Dragonskins, so there is a nice little pocket formed to store the pages). Works pretty well, unless there is a ton of errata.

weem

First Post
Nyarlathotep said:
I usually go through and use a small round sticky to mark section that have errata and then put a print out of the errata in the back of the book. (Most my books have Chessex Dragonskins, so there is a nice little pocket formed to store the pages). Works pretty well, unless there is a ton of errata.

That's a good idea. Nice and small markers - maybe I will do something like that this time.

Remove ads