• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4E Eschew Material Components?

King-Panda

First Post
I'm making a 14th level ritual-heavy wizard, and I was wondering if there was an equivalent in 4E to 3.X's feat, "Eschew Materials". Market price isn't a big issue for me, but the cost of higher level rituals really starts to add up. IIRC, Eschew Materials only omitted components of 1 GP or less, but I thought I'd ask anyways.

1of3

Explorer
Short answer: No, there isn't long.

Long answer: The only thing requiring components are rituals, and for these components are meant to be the limiting factor.

There are however to some means to lower the cost of rituals. For example the "Elf High Mage" epic destiny for half cost.

Mort_Q

First Post
There are some feats that allow you to ignore component costs for specific types of rituals.... though none that will let you make items or expendables.

kerbarian

Explorer
I've been thinking that a feat like that would be a good idea. Something like: you can cast level x 20gp in free non-creation rituals per day. The number should probably scale non-linearly, though -- maybe have specific amounts it allows at levels 1, 6, 11, etc.

Remove ads