• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4E Essentials: Dungeon Masters's Kit in Hand

Aegeri

First Post
Can anyone confirm for me if Insubstantial has changed? The new wraiths in the recent adventure note that their vulnerability ends the insubstantial condition and that they take full damage from force. Is this a general thing or monster specific?

Jhaelen

First Post
Can anyone confirm for me if Insubstantial has changed? The new wraiths in the recent adventure note that their vulnerability ends the insubstantial condition and that they take full damage from force. Is this a general thing or monster specific?
I think that's new and it's not a general thing.

You used to have to pick a feat to cause full damage to insubstantial creatures using force powers.

None of the energy types is treated inherently different from the others.

No! I was just having some fun and I had the AD&D DMG next to me. It's a pretty straight-up conversion of AD&D's Staff of the Magi, though I wasn't sure what to do with Telekinesis (a Bigby's spell, perhaps?).
Yay, straight up conversions are now legit... ;)

I am really looking forward to hand out gauntlets of ogre powers and girdle of giant strengths

edit: in before flaming: the AD&D ones which set strength to a target number

Vaeron

Explorer
About how many traps, hazards and terrain features are included in the DM book? Are the rules for creating traps included?

There's actually a new thread for this (maybe 2) going on, this one is from last month. :p The guy who started this one initially might not get around to answering anymore.

Remove ads