• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[4e] Etene - IC Thread

industrygothica

Adventurer
Baern grumbles a bit at his fellow dwarf before taking his leave to inspect the portal. He gives the thing a good once-over with his crows-footed eyes, and doesn't bother turning to face the others when he speaks.

"Well, do it go both ways er what?!" he asks. If the others were speaking, he didn't notice.

[sblock=OOC]Hadn't really intended on playing him as the surly type, but I suppose it's working out that way after all. Oh well, a dwarf is a dwarf, I guess.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
"Well, I'm glad this ain't the afterlife. Now where can I find a drink?" Al-har asks the dwarf in dwarven, picking up anything of his that fell to the ground and re-strapping his maul across his large back.

Standing at his full height the goliath is a massive figure, easily a head taller than any of the others assembled. He looked at the half-elf quizzically at the amount of stuff he carried. "I'm Al-Har, first mate of the Ebon Vale." as he reaches down and pulls the bard to his feet. "It was nice to have a music-man on our ship, kept the men working" he says, patting Cyrus' shoulder.

Lineov

First Post
"The creatures have been of varied types, some humanoid, others not. In the gates to the north there was a whispered rumor of the guards fighting a fantastic purple monster, a beast that would attack and then disappear only to reappear and attack from behind. Reports said that only half of their attacks manage to hit them... the others just pass straight through! We've not had any such beasts around, kobolds and goblins mostly... though once.. we fought an troll." He takes a worried look at the gateway before continuing... "They appeared about two... no... three years ago.. yeah, three years...just before that big political scandal that left our leadership in the ruins it is today. I don't know all the details, regarding that event, simply that several of the guild leaders were murdered and those that weren't, stepped down after the event. Now.. nobody trusts anybody anymore." A dejected sigh follows as his gaze turns away. "As for it going both ways, Master Dwarf, we don't know. There are some who feel brave enough to venture through and they do so, however the voluntary scouts that we have sent through have never returned. No notes, no messages, nothing."

After a few silent moments a static tension fills the air. The portal starts rotating rapidly and vibrating as the hairs on peoples skin begins to stand on end. "Oh dear gods, not again! Men to arms! Men to arms!" From above you the sky tears open in several places and in the town square appears a hoard of kobolds. The captain repeats his introduction, as pointless as it may be, and the kobold that is most decorated pulls out a spear and throws it at the captain. Fireforge catches it midair and snaps it against his knee discarding it as he sneeers at his new foe. "If that's the way it is to be...Attack!" Several of the guards urge you to get out of the way, but Fireforge, seeing your weapons, urges you to help.

OOC: ... ... roll initative.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Al-Har swings around and sees the scaley enemies around him and reaches for his maul, anxious to do what he does best, crack some skulls.

[sblock=Init]
Initiative (1d20+1=13)
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Al-Har's location is I7
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Statblock]
Al-Har - Male Goliath Barbarian 1
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11
AC: 15 Fort: 16 Reflex: 12 Will: 12
HP: 33/33 Surges: 12/12 Surge Value: 8
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Unused
Powers -
Devastating Strike
Howling Strike

Stone's Endurance
Swift Charge
Avalanche Strike

Swift Panther Rage
http://www.enworld.org/forum/4755371-post15.html
[/sblock]

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
"A fine welcome this be," Baern grumbles as he backs away and pulls the rod from his belt.

[sblock=Initiative]1d20=5[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]Well, I certainly hope this bad rolling stuff has gotten out of my system now.

Location is square L6[/sblock]
[sblock=Baern Stoneheart stat block]Baern Stoneheart- Male Dwarf Invoker 1
Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 20
AC:16, Fort:14, Reflex:11, Will:16 -- Speed:5
HP:26/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:9/9
Initiative +0
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Avenging Light, Grasping Shards, Rebuke Undead, Armor of Wrath, Thunder of Judgement, Angelic Echelon
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lineov

First Post
[sblock=Map & Notes]
Code:
[U]|xy|A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M|N|O|
| 0| | | | | | | | | | | |;| | | | 
| 1| | |;| |X|X|X|X| | | |;|;| | | 
| 2| |;| | | | | |a| |;| | | | | | 
| 3|;|;| |;|d| |D| |;| | | | | | | 
| 4| |;| |;| |1| | |b|;| |;|;| | | 
| 5|;| |c|;|;| |2| | |;| |;|;| | | 
| 6|;| |;| |3| |;| | |;| | | | | | 
| 7|;| | | | |;|;| | |;| | |;| | |[/U]
FEATURES
Illumination: Bright Light, except for EFGH at 0 which because of the height of the portal and the location of the sun cause shadows, enough to hide in (active stealth required).

Road: Damaged cobblestone. Squares with a semicolon represent difficult terrain.

Portal: EFGH at 1 represent the portal. It is walled off on one side so it can only be "entered" from the south going north. The back wall can be scaled (athletics check)

Baddies:
a - Kobold w/ Sling
b - Kobold w/ Sling
c - Kobold w/ Sling
1 - Kobold w/ Spear
2 - Kobold w/ Spear
3 - Kobold w/ Spear
d - Kobold w/ Sword
D - Kobold w/ Sword

Special Note
Q: "Lineov, why aren't the guards helping?"
A: "They are, you're just seeing the kobolds that the guards aren't conveniently fighting."[/sblock]

When you roll intiative, or if you have already, please post your location on the map. (anywhere along rows 3-7 will suffice, though not in a square already occupied by a baddie)

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: Starting at C2 Init: 14

The druid gives a step forward, and suddenly morphs into a giant stag beetle. His composed eyes fix on the Kobold slinger in front of him, and his six legs take him quickly to it's side. The creature's mandibles bit the kobold, while a yellow goo sprouts from a small gland in his mouth.

Actions: Beast form; move to C4 ant use Stiky goo on Kobold c 15 vs ref for 9 dmg and slowed till end of my next turn

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Cyrus Du'Caine

Cyrus was about to respond to the large first mate when the new swirling portal appeared. "I'm guessing that . . . that isn't good," the half-elf offered as he watched in wonder for several moments at the swirl of color and lights.

Once the creatures started appearing, Cyrus drew his bow and starting stringing it, then fired at the closest ranged target. "See . . . 'Friend or Foe' only catches the stupid worms," Cyrus offered the verbal jab at the kobolds.

[sblock=OOC]OOC: Initiative: (1d20+1=13); Starting Location: H7, since he was next to the goliath. Move: Draw Bow. Standard Action: Jinx Shot at Kobold 2 [or any other target within 10]Attack (1d20+7=24) for Damage (1d10+5=12), and his next miss will cause him to fall prone.[/sblock]

blaizedm

First Post
A little taken aback by the sudden appearance of Kobolds, Koehro sighs. Even in these lands, there is no shortage of those wish to cause trouble. He turns to look at the Kobold that has fallen directly in front of him.

"How unfortunate for you to have landed in front of me."

[sblock=init] Initiative (1d20+1=15)
Starting in D2[/sblock]

The warden raised his staff menacingly above the kobold in front of him. With a thud bearing the force of the earth, he cracks it over the creature's head. Dust flies everywhere, along with clods of dirt and bits of stone.

[sblock] Weight of Earth at Kobold d, 1d20+6=24 vs AC, 1d8+4=10, slowed until the end of my next turn. Target is Marked. Shift to E2. [/sblock]

Lineov

First Post
[sblock=Map & Notes]
Code:
[U]|xy|A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M|N|O|
| 0| | | | | | | | | | | |;| | | | 
| 1| | |;| |X|X|X|X| | | |;|;| | | 
| 2| |;| | |K| | |a| |;| | | | | | 
| 3|;|;| |;|d| |D| |;| | | | | | | 
| 4| |;|q|;| |1| | |b|;| |;|;| | | 
| 5|;| | |;|;| | | | |;| |;|;| | | 
| 6|;|c|;| |3| |;| | |;| |Z| | | | 
| 7|;| | | | |;|;|B|H|;| | |;| | |[/U]
FEATURES
Illumination: Bright Light, except for EFGH at 0 which because of the height of the portal and the location of the sun cause shadows, enough to hide in (active stealth required).

Road: Damaged cobblestone. Squares with a semicolon represent difficult terrain.

Portal: EFGH at 1 represent the portal. It is walled off on one side so it can only be "entered" from the south going north. The back wall can be scaled (athletics check)

Baddies:
a - Kobold w/ Sling
b - Kobold w/ Sling
c - Kobold w/ Sling
1 - Kobold w/ Spear
3 - Kobold w/ Spear
d - Kobold w/ Sword
D - Kobold w/ Sword

Special Note
Q: "Lineov, why aren't the guards helping?"
A: "They are, you're just seeing the kobolds that the guards aren't conveniently fighting."[/sblock]
[sblock=Current Status & Initiative]Kobold 3
Kobold d - 10 Dmg, slowed, marked by Koehro
Kobold b
Koehro (K on map) 9 Dmg, marked by d
Quinn (q on map)
Kobold c - 9 Dmg, slowed
Cyrus (B on map)
Al-Har (H on map) <----Current Turn
Kobold D
Kobold a
Kobold 1
Baern (Z on map (ran outta creative lettering))
Gakki (G on map)[/sblock]

The first Kobold launches a Javelin at Cyrus missing completely, One of the sword carries lands a fierce blow on the Warden (9 dmg, marked). Koehro responds with an attack of his own shifting for better position. In an impressive show the Druid transforms into a massive beetle and scuttles towards the Kobold, biting into him...HARD. In response the kobold takes a step back and launches a burning oil pot at the beetle and it lands some 40 feet away from it's intended target burning in a small pile until the fire goes out. Cyrus knocks his arrow, straight and true and it sticks the kobold in the head, who falls over instantly, dead.

OOC: Al-har, your turn.

Remove ads