[4e] Etene - IC Thread

renau1g

First Post
Looking around in the confusion of battle, his height giving him a unique perspective of his enemies, Al-Har points his maul at the closest kobold carrying a sword, thinking this creature is their leader. He raises the weapon above his head, "You're Mine! he bellows as the goliath charges across the battlefield, his eyes blazing as they lock onto their target.

He swings down the enchanted weapon with devastating force on the poor kobold, the force of the blow and the adrenaline in his veins spurs Al-Har on and he continues the follow through of the weapon, bringing it up and over onto the kobold again, laughing as the battle surrounds him.

[sblock=OOC]
Move & Standard: Charge/Howling Strike on D
Vs AC; Damage (1d20+8=28, 3d6+6=18) Nice... Crit. so 25 damage (forgot +1magic item) + I can make a free basic melee attack from the Rampage class feature
Vs AC; Damage (1d20+7=24, 2d6+7=15) If D is still alive after the first attack he's the target of this attack, otherwise b is the target.
Minor:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Statblock]
Al-Har - Male Goliath Barbarian 1
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11
AC: 15 Fort: 16 Reflex: 12 Will: 12
HP: 33/33 Surges: 12/12 Surge Value: 8
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Unused
Powers -
Devastating Strike
Howling Strike

Stone's Endurance
Swift Charge
Avalanche Strike

Swift Panther Rage
http://www.enworld.org/forum/4755371-post15.html
[/sblock]

Lineov

First Post
[sblock=Map & Notes]
Code:
[U]|xy|A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M|N|O|
| 0| | | | | |a|b| | | | |;| | | | 
| 1| | |;| |X|X|X|X| | | |;|;| | | 
| 2| |;| | |K| | || |;| | | | | | 
| 3|;|;| |;|d| | | |;| | | | | | | 
| 4| |;|q|;| | | |H| |;| |;|;| | | 
| 5|;| | |;|;| | | | |;| |;|;| | | 
| 6|;|c|;| |3| |1| | |;| |Z| | | | 
| 7|;| | | | |;|;|B| |;| | |;| | |[/U]
FEATURES
Illumination: Bright Light, except for EFGH at 0 which because of the height of the portal and the location of the sun cause shadows, enough to hide in (active stealth required).

Road: Damaged cobblestone. Squares with a semicolon represent difficult terrain.

Portal: EFGH at 1 represent the portal. It is walled off on one side so it can only be "entered" from the south going north. The back wall can be scaled (athletics check)

Baddies:
a - Kobold w/ Sling
b - Kobold w/ Sling
c - Kobold w/ Sling
1 - Kobold w/ Spear
3 - Kobold w/ Spear
d - Kobold w/ Sword

Special Note
Q: "Lineov, why aren't the guards helping?"
A: "They are, you're just seeing the kobolds that the guards aren't conveniently fighting."[/sblock]
[sblock=Current Status & Initiative]Kobold 3
Kobold d - 10 Dmg, slowed, marked by Koehro
Koehro (K on map) 9 Dmg, marked by d
Quinn (q on map)
Kobold c - 9 Dmg, slowed
Cyrus (B on map)
Al-Har (H on map)
Kobold a
Kobold b
Kobold 1 (On difficult terrain)
Baern (Z on map (ran outta creative lettering)) <----Current Turn
Gakki (G on map)[/sblock]

Al-har moves in to attack and smashes his weapon into the Kobold. While the kobold is clearly stunned by the effect of the attack, he manages to stay standing...that is... until the second attack hits him dropping him in a second felt swoop. As the barbarian charges in against him, however, the kobold near by attacks with a dagger and misses hitting Al-har but not even denting his armor... afraid however, seeing that he hasn't slowed the aggressor, that he might have drawn his attention....

The kobold nearest to the portal runs around the swirling vortex hiding, and the one who is near the barbarian follows suit, first taking a step back and then darting behind the portal. The other kobold near the barbarian seeing his friends deaths scampers away and attempts to hit the archer but Cyrus is too nimble as the spear misses him.

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
Baern scans the battlefield for a moment before he raises his rod and points at a pair of kobolds. The area between them swells with divine light, and finally explodes in a colorful display, showering the kobolds with hundreds of tiny shards.

[sblock=Acions]Grasping Shards, target square E4. Attack vs. d and 1 (vs. Fortitude defense), respectively: 1d20+6=24, 1d20+6=14.

Each kobold takes a straight 6 points of damage on a hit, and is slowed until the end of my next turn.[/sblock]

[sblock=Baern Stoneheart stat block]Baern Stoneheart- Male Dwarf Invoker 1
Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 20
AC:16, Fort:14, Reflex:11, Will:16 -- Speed:5
HP:26/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:9/9
Initiative +0
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Avenging Light, Grasping Shards, Rebuke Undead, Armor of Wrath, Thunder of Judgement, Angelic Echelon
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lineov

First Post
[sblock=Map & Notes]
Code:
| 3|;|;| |;|d| | | |;| | | | | | | 
| 6|;|c|;| |3| |1| | |;| |Z| | | | 
| 7|;| | | | |;|;|B| |;| | |;| | |[/U]
FEATURES
Illumination: Bright Light, except for EFGH at 0 which because of the height of the portal and the location of the sun cause shadows, enough to hide in (active stealth required).

Road: Damaged cobblestone. Squares with a semicolon represent difficult terrain.

Portal: EFGH at 1 represent the portal. It is walled off on one side so it can only be "entered" from the south going north. The back wall can be scaled (athletics check)

Baddies:
a - Kobold w/ Sling
b - Kobold w/ Sling
c - Kobold w/ Sling
1 - Kobold w/ Spear
3 - Kobold w/ Spear
d - Kobold w/ Sword

Special Note
A: "They are, you're just seeing the kobolds that the guards aren't conveniently fighting."[/sblock]
[sblock=Current Status & Initiative]Kobold 3
Kobold d - 16 Dmg, slowed (end of Baern's turn), marked by Koehro
Koehro K - 9 Dmg, marked by d
Quinn q
Kobold c - 9 Dmg, slowed (end of Quinn's turn)
Cyrus B
Al-Har H
Kobold a
Kobold b
Kobold 1 (On difficult terrain)
Baern Z
Gakki G <----Current Turn[/sblock]

The kobold is unable to defend himself against Baern's magic (6 damage) though the one kobold looks back and is glad he made it out of the way before that attack came through.

OOC: Korthala said she would post this weekend so please hold off for her "entrance" :D which should be sometime this weekend.

blaizedm

First Post
OOC: I won't be around that much this weekend so I'll try to post when I can, even if it's out of initiative order. I won't do anything crazy so it's as simple as possible to keep track of. Except for this, heh:

A slight bit taken aback by the kobold's nerve, Koehro drew a menacing smile. "You'll have to try harder than that if you intend on defeating the power of the forest."

[sblock=actions]Note: I'm not sure if this is legal or not, my secondary attack is a blast, but it's facing a different direction than the primary target. If this isnt legal, let me know, and I'll do something else.
Shift to F3. Thunder Ram Assault vs kobold d- 1d20+6=21 vs AC, 1d8+4=11 thunder damage. Push the target 4 squares to C7.
Secondary Attack vs kobolds 1 and 3- 1d20+6=17 vs Fort, 1d20+6=22 vs Fort, 1d6=5 thunder damage, push kobold 1 to G7, kobold 3 to E7.
[/sblock]

Channeling the spirits of the forest, the warden swings his staff in a mighty arc, and with the force of a charging ram, sends the kobold flying across the town square. The spear-bearing kobolds also felt the shockwave from the attack, sending them reeling backwards from the blast. "I'm sorry, I thought you were ready"

Last edited:

Korthala

First Post
Gaaki considers the other travelers and guards, then considers the kobolds. After only a moment's hesitation, she draws her dagger and attacks the nearest kobold, trying to set him up, should he counterattack.

[sblock=OOC]
Real life has been completely crazy this week so I really appreciate everyone's patience.

Location at D6.

Riposte Strike at kobold (3)
Dex vs. AC: Attack (1d20+9=20), Damage: Damage (1d4+5=9)
Allows interrupt attack Str vs. AC
[/sblock]
[sblock=Mini Statblock]
Gaaki - Female Half-Orc Rogue 1
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 17
AC: 16 Fort: 13 Reflex: 16 Will: 12
HP: 23/23 Surges: 6/6 Surge Value: 5
Powers
Riposte Strike
Piercing Strike

Sly Lunge
Furious Assault

Pommel Smash
[/sblock]

Lineov

First Post
[sblock=Map & Notes]
Code:
| 3|;|;| |;| | | | |;| | | | | | | 
| 6|;|c|;|G|3| |;| | |;| |Z| | | | 
| 7|;| |d| | |;|;|B| |;| | |;| | |[/U]
FEATURES

Baddies:
a - Kobold w/ Sling
b - Kobold w/ Sling
c - Kobold w/ Sling
d - Kobold w/ Sword

Special Note
[sblock=Current Status & Initiative]Kobold d - 27 Dmg, slowed (end of Baern's turn), marked by Koehro, BLOODIED
Koehro K - 9 Dmg
Quinn q <----Current Turn
Kobold c - 9 Dmg, slowed (end of Quinn's turn)
Cyrus B
Al-Har H
Kobold a
Kobold b
Baern Z
Gakki G[/sblock]
The kobold in front of the rogue attempts to dodge but is struck squarely in the chest with the dagger, normally, he'd counterattack, if he could get up off the ground that is...
Meanwhile the battle between the warriors rages on near the portal, the kobold beginning to swing more and more wildly trying to hit his target misses again, Koehro easily dodging and responding with an attack in kind flinging the kobold through the air and across the sqaure. The resulting thunderous blast from the attack causes another kobold to flee in terror and he turns runs straight into a spear from another guard. The guard shakes off the dead kobold and the fighting continues...

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
The huge beetle rams to his escaping foe, sending another spray of that yellow stick goo.
Unfortunately, the attack only served to cover the ground with goo.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Cyrus Du'Caine

Cyrus glanced over the battlefield, looking for a potential target. The half-elf was pleased when the target in front of him . . . an odd creature took a blow and dropped to the ground. Seeing the druid in a little bit of a spot, the bard drew an arrow and blew on the tip, igniting it in flames, then let loose against another of the creatures on the druid.

"Shake it off, my friend, there are strange creatures falling out of the sky, you don't want to miss the entertainment!" Cyrus called out to Koehro, bolstering his spirits.

[sblock=ooc]OOC: Standard action: Firemetal shot on c, 1d20+7=16, for 1d10+5=15 fire damage. Also, any hits on c by allies will do an additional 3 fire on the creature. Minor: Majestic Word on Koehro, allowing him to spend a healing surge and recover his healing surge value + additional 4 hit points, and he may slide one square. Move action: Move to G5[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
With no enemy within reach, Al-Har looks around the battlefield for someone to smash. He turns his attention to the portal and decides to move around the far side of it hoping to find more fodder for his weapon.

Rushing around the corner he howls again and swings the massive weapon down on one of the creatures hiding back there, but his wild swing isn't very effective.

[sblock=OOC]
Move: to H0
Standard: Howling Strike on b
Howling Strike (vs AC); Damage (1d20+8=14, 3d6+7=20)
Minor:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Statblock]
Al-Har - Male Goliath Barbarian 1
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11
AC: 15 Fort: 16 Reflex: 12 Will: 12
HP: 33/33 Surges: 12/12 Surge Value: 8
Powers -
Devastating Strike
Howling Strike

Stone's Endurance