D&D 4E [4e] I am unconscious. Am I also bloodied?

Just a quick question.

If a character is knocked unconscious, are they also considered bloodied?

I once played a Gamma World game, where my character dealt damage in an aura when bloodied. At one point, I was knocked unconscious, and another PC slid the body next to bad guys :D

The GM ruled that I was still bloodied, but I'm not entirely sure about that.

jhingelshod

Explorer
The rules compendium is pretty clear (p257) that an unconscious creature can be bloodied.

"...a minion....is bloodied only if an attacker reduces the minion to 0 hit points but knocks it unconscious instead of killing it"

While this rule refers specifically to minions, it does imply that an unconscious creature with less than half hit points remains bloodied.

However, the rules on auras on p116 state,

"Death or Unconsciousness Ends: A creature's auras end immediately when it falls unconscious or dies."

So, your GM's call was wrong in 4E....not sure about Gamma World, but this rule certainly reflects how I'd imagine auras working and avoids all sorts of aura abuse on both sides of the table.

darkbard

Legend
Just a quick note to say there is an existing thread in the Character Builds & Optimization forum here for questions like this. Nothing wrong with starting your own thread, of course, but compiling them all in the same post helps others who may not read your thread.

Thank you for the answers.

Darkbard, I had seen the thread you linked before but I couldn't find it. (I didn't realize it was in the Character Builds & Optimization forum, and didn't remember its name.)

Remove ads