D&D 4E 4E indications - Has it slowed your purchases alreadY?

Has the threat of 4E slowed your purchases already?

• Yes - I've nearly stopped with my 3.5 purchases completely

Votes: 18 5.2%
  • Yes- I'm cautious on what I purchase now wait n' see

Votes: 20 5.8%
  • Not really - I just buy what I want anyways

Votes: 208 59.9%
  • No - I probably won't bother moving to 4E. Time will tell.

Votes: 101 29.1%

• Poll closed .

Just the opposite. I am quite happy with 3/3.5 and could happily play it for years. In fact I intend to. With the concept of 4th coming I have a sense of closure for my collections, so I'm picking up the stuff that I was marginally interested in, so that I have it in the collection to be used, some months or years hence. :)

I virtually ignored 2nd edition, and went from 1st to 3rd. If fourth is anything short of amazing, and amazing in ways that I want to see it changed, I'll just stick with 3rd.

bento

Explorer
Lord Mhoram said:
I virtually ignored 2nd edition, and went from 1st to 3rd. If fourth is anything short of amazing, and amazing in ways that I want to see it changed, I'll just stick with 3rd.

Same here - I totally missed second edition. And as I'm migrating my group over to True20, I'll probably skip any additional 3.5 rule sets like the PHB2 but continue picking up interesting settings like Hordes of the Abyss.

If anything, I'm actually spending money on some second edition material like Planescape, which I've heard great things about on this board.

No, though I haven't bought any WotC products other than settings books in a long time.

I have been looking at non-d20 systems (other than C&C) more as of late.

BryonD

Hero
Not a real good set of options.

My answer is "Not at all", but I'm very open to moving on to 4E.

WotC being on a run of crap lately has impacted my buying, but that is completely different.

National Acrobat

First Post
I have three 3.5 books and no 3.0 books so this really won't impact me at all.

I don't DM 3.0 or 3.5 so I don't feel the need to buy the books at all. I have the bare necessities for me as a player.

Remove ads