4E - Martial Scientist Powers

Theblazeuk

First Post
So I am about to start my first ever game of D&D and have gone for a Genasi Swordmage, with what I hope is some good fluff to support the character in world.

It seems like Martial Scientist would fit in well with the idea - roughly along the lines of a 'thesis' that saw him enter the Dreaming to learn techniques from the Fey, returning altered (into Genasi) and with techniques learned there (Swordmagic).

However... I really don't get Martial Scientist's techniques/combat maneuvers. Other than the starting experimental strike, what are the powers? I get that I have to learn them from people in the game, but... where is that list of possible things?

Any help would be great, a search just shows me information for Pathfinder, rather than for 4E. I suspect it may just be because the maneuvers are the fighter techniques?

Any explanation would be good because otherwise I may have to change for the Mystic character and change stuff up or for the Spirit Medium (changing my fluff accordingly).

The details are hidden information from the players because we don't want to give away who you meet that would teach you these things, but I'll give you a list of the names. There's one in each adventure after the first.

The options are:

Surgical Precision
Tentacle Technique
Focused Severance
Dale Assault
Vigilante Sprint
Malicious Deflection
Bullet Slice
Dramatic Reversal

The full list of all techniques in the first five adventures appears in the Act One compilation.

Theblazeuk

First Post
Thanks, that helps tremendously. Now just to decide if the Veshti mystics are the terrorist remnants of an evil empire (as one player thinks) or if they are mystical vigilantes rising from the ashes to bloodily carve a better world for all, one tyrant/bastich at a time...

Theblazeuk

First Post
I think I underestimated how fun the experimental strike thing would be anyway :) I missed a guy in front of the furnace (firegem thing), so I completed the swing by grabbing a handful of the coals/firegems and flinging them into his face - setting him on fire and blinding him....

Will be using that in the future!

Remove ads