• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4E Monster Manual II: will you?

Are you planning to buy the 4E MM2?

• Absolutely. I plan to purchase all of WotC's 4E books no matter what.

Votes: 30 12.1%
  • Yup. I'm super-excited about it. Two-headed orange monkey-demons rule, and you KNOW it.

Votes: 119 48.2%
  • Meh. I'll decide after I've thumbed through a copy down at my FLGS.

Votes: 31 12.6%
  • Well, I was planning on it...until I saw that terrible cover.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No way. I hate this idea of a never-ending stream of "core" books.

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • 4E's not my bag, baby.

Votes: 49 19.8%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 11 4.5%

Nebulous

Legend
I like the cover of MM2 quite a bit...i even got the Aspect of Demogorgon in the mail yesterday. But, as far as the rules themselves between the covers...i hope it's better than the MM 1. I didn't really like it very much. I'll still buy it though, i'm a sucker for monster manuals.

Festivus

First Post
I am in the once bitten twice shy camp. I'll wait and thumb through it before I decide to buy or not. If it sees as much use as the core Monster Manual I probably won't buy it.

Voadam

Legend
I love monster books and even get ones for games I don't play, so I expect eventually I'll be picking this up for the art and the demogorgon write up even though I don't currently play 4e.

But I've got a ton of 3e monster books to still get first and it won't be a priority among the non 3e ones I buy.

Napftor

Explorer
None for me, thanks.

Any money I might have spent on 4e (don't play it) has been instead funneled to my new vice that is slot machines. :)

Gothmog

First Post
I'm all over the MMII like a two-headed tentacle monkey! I can't wait to see what kinds of monsters and cool ideas we get once 4e has been out for a year, so its a no-brainer I'll buy this.

Pinotage

Explorer
I wasn't overly enthusiastic about MM1, so we'll see what this one is like. MM are useful though, and I'm a big fan of monsters books - not so much for their content as for their concepts. Concepts you can take and use in any game, and a lot of the mechanics is easily converted as well. Let's put it this way - I'll pick it up to pull it apart.

Pinotage

Dragonbait

Explorer
Only commie-terrorist-facists who eat cherry pies dislike two-headed-baboons with tentacles. 4E is my lord and master! All priase 4E!

-a kobold

lutecius

Explorer
Which reminds me that I've bought monsterbooks i knew i wouldn't use (not just dnd), only for the art and inspiration.

But on the whole, I wasn't impressed by the 1st MM's art direction (too many ugly / cartoony monsters)

As for the flavour text, well, you know...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads