4e on Best Seller lists

I just hope this gets more new folk get into our hobby :)

Living in an ex-industrial urban blackspot, I'd much rather kids got into our hobby, than what many end up wasting their lives with.
D&D is very creative, spent 20 years DMing, model making, writing and learning digital art, thanks to D&D :)

(sorry if that's out of line to post, just wish kids would take up more creative things, like me and my pals did, and some of them are a tad "rough round the corners", lol :p
Seen far too many folk end up jailed or dead.)

Imperialus

Explorer
Good for you guys. I bet it feels really nice to finally have it out the door and selling so well.

Now! Get to work on the PBHII *cracks whip*. I gots me a player itchin' to play a druid! :p

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
So, how do the pre-orders factor into the numbers? Are they credited on launch day? The day they ship? What about all of us who are still waiting for pre-orders from Amazon (or are all those gift sets orders which don't count)?

And finally I expect that the NYT does not poll the FLGS owners for their sales data - so I assume those go unreported.

Reynard

Legend
Thornir Alekeg said:
And finally I expect that the NYT does not poll the FLGS owners for their sales data - so I assume those go unreported.

I believe the list is compiled from distributors, not retailers, so FLGS are likely factored in.

I don't put much value in sales for the core rulebooks. Those sales will always be high. It's the stuff that comes out after that is demonstrative of how popular the new edition is.

Shawn_Kehoe

First Post
Ogrork the Mighty said:
I don't put much value in sales for the core rulebooks. Those sales will always be high. It's the stuff that comes out after that is demonstrative of how popular the new edition is.

Dude, are you gonna drink that half-empty glass of water, or can I have it? :)

Remove ads