D&D 4E 4E PHB Viewing at Games Plus, what we saw

thalmin

Retired game store owner
EDIT: We will have a public viewing of the 4E Player's Handbook, Dungeon Master's Guide, and Monster Manual starting at 7pm or thereabouts on Friday May 16, thus the demo game for that night is cancelled (I want to see the books too.)

edit: originally this thread was started to announce demos, but the viewing cancelled the Friday demo. Just skip the first few posts to get to the questions. Reports start on page 5, post #70.

I will be doing a 4E demo at Games Plus in Mt. Prospect, IL on Friday May 16 at 7pm. The adventure is Escape From Sembia, and will probably run about 4 hours. There is room for 6 players at the demo. Also running Saturday May 17 (1pm).

Last edited:

thalmin

Retired game store owner
One of our distributors will be visiting Games Plus this Friday evening at about 7pm, and will bring with him the 4E Player's Handbook, Dungeon Master's Guide, and Monster Manual. These will be for public viewing.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Answering a question posed by a customer, no you may not photocopy any pages, nor take photos of the interiors. A high level guard will be on hand, and diplomacy or intimidate checks on him will auto-fail.

Moon-Lancer

First Post
thalmin said:
Answering a question posed by a customer, no you may not photocopy any pages, nor take photos of the interiors. A high level guard will be on hand, and diplomacy or intimidate checks on him will auto-fail.

I don't mean to be rude, but that doesn't sound public to me... it sounds more like private with open invitation

AZRogue

First Post
Moon-Lancer said:
I don't mean to be rude, but that doesn't sound public to me... it sounds more like private with open invitation

It sounds like it's open to the public. They're not going to let uncontrolled pictures be taken, though. That's just to be expected. The game isn't released yet.

Hopefully some good information will be gathered by those in attendance. :)

thalmin

Retired game store owner
???
Anyone may hold, open, read, whatever the books (within reason. Must share time with others. And I want to see them, too.) However no copying, scanning, webcam, Xeroxing etc. the insides. If that is not "public" the error in language is mine.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
AZRogue said:
Hopefully some good information will be gathered by those in attendance. :)
I plan to check out 2-weapon fighting, craft and profession skills, and 0-level characters.

Fallen Seraph

First Post
thalmin said:
I plan to check out 2-weapon fighting, craft and profession skills, and 0-level characters.
Which leads into something I was going to ask you thalmin, as owner of the shop. How long do you have your hands on it? Do you have it for the day, week, etc. Or is it, WoTC guy comes at 7 with the books, leaves at 10 with the books?

Remove ads