• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4E PHB Viewing at Games Plus, what we saw

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Shroomy said:
I wil be traveling to South Bend on Friday; my fiancee would kill me if I stopped in along the way, so I'm hoping for a full report by the time I get there!
Ask Pegasus, or whoever your FLGS is in Madison. They should be able to set up a similar viewing.

ShockMeSane

First Post
Very exciting Thalmin, I'd definitely show up if I didn't live in CA, but the flight is probably prohibitively expensive for a quick preview! Obviously no one is expecting you to memorize anything particularly specific in the time you'll have access, but I want to second the request for some general at-will information (particularly if you can get more via feats/multiclassing, or if you just have 2-3 from level 1 and that's it) and for anything you can find out about rituals!

I'm jealous!

Fallen Seraph

First Post
I would add my support for looking at skills, I just have a feeling there is much more there. As well as any sighting of mundane rituals, or things like that, ie: non-magical rituals.

OH!!! If you can, can you check the MM Appendix and simply list off what the PC Races are.

I know we are asking lots of you, but anything you can provide be great :)

thalmin

Retired game store owner
I really regret that I am a slow reader, so I will be quite limited in what I wil be able to check out. But...
(adds MM PC races to list. Adds multiclassing to list. Adds rituals to growing list.)

Xorn

First Post
Moon-Lancer said:
I don't mean to be rude, but that doesn't sound public to me... it sounds more like private with open invitation

Private with open invitation?

What the heck does that even mean? How can you have an open invitation to anything and call it private.

Cirex

First Post
Xorn said:
Private with open invitation?

What the heck does that even mean? How can you have an open invitation to anything and call it private.

When I visit the doctor, the invitation is "open" (anyone can ask for a visit to the doctor), but the meeting is private. Or something.

Rituals, as Lord Nat said, would be great.

Rechan

Adventurer
You can't take picutres or anything, but hopefully you can take a pad and paper and jot notes?

Someone has to get the table of contents for the MM. At least, what critters are in there and what ain't. Add to this the appendix in the MM for the PC races.

See, I'm askin' for stuff that you can find out with a glance, without taking in depth reading. :)

Remove ads