• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4E "Return to" adventures

Ipissimus

First Post
BIGGER rooms? :confused:

I remember when I was a kid, I was trying to get a grip on actually how big the dungeons in 1E modules actually were. I started out by figuring out my room could fit inside a 10' cube without touching the sides. One of the larger rooms in Temple of Elemental Evil (the earth temple to be precise; about 50'x50'x30' from memory) could pack 4-6 houses in my block inside it!

If we need bigger rooms than that, there's something wrong with the scale.

howandwhy99

Adventurer
I'd actually prefer reprints with updated rules than return-to's.

I"m glad they are doing homages though to B2 and maybe some others.

I'd love it if they did a B1 "Make your own module" module. Something to show these are malleable, additive, and meant to be modified into one's game setting.

lbporter

First Post
I can't be the only one who wants to see a Return to Castle Amber.

Seriously, one of my groups DMs has run this adventure for us like five or six times in diferent campaigns, i realy remember the d20 modern one set in the 1930s.

Also a blackmoor campaign pack would be cool. Revenge of the Temple of the Frog, and Return to the City of the Gods.

Just please don't revisit Terrible Trouble at Tragidore, in Jr. High I lost two potential gamers forever because of that adventure.

Luke

keterys said:
Actually, I'd really like to see tomb of horrors _without_ all the dreadful 'and die' stuff... would be one of the more interesting conversions.[snip]

"Tomb of Quite Scarry Stuff" -- ;)

some one else :) said:
Originally Posted by hong
Return to the Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil

You're not thinking hollywood enough. Its time for a prequel, not another sequel.

"Building of the Temple of Elemental Evil" :D

How about "Escape from the Temple of Elemental Evil" :)

jodyjohnson

Adventurer
Ipissimus said:
BIGGER rooms? :confused:

I remember when I was a kid, I was trying to get a grip on actually how big the dungeons in 1E modules actually were. I started out by figuring out my room could fit inside a 10' cube without touching the sides. One of the larger rooms in Temple of Elemental Evil (the earth temple to be precise; about 50'x50'x30' from memory) could pack 4-6 houses in my block inside it!

If we need bigger rooms than that, there's something wrong with the scale.

Our central atrium here at work is 75'x75' and it would feel very tiny if we were fighting even 3-4 giants in there.

A small gym is bigger than that. And a field house sized room would be required before I could see fighting a Colossal dragon in it.

MaelStorm

First Post
Temple of Elemental Evil is hinted in W&M
Desert of Desolation & Against the Giants are new Mini lines for 4E, so it would be natural to see those two come back in 2009.

EDIT: And please, WotC, if you read this post avoid completely the: Return to X, or X Revisited, or whatever extras to make it look "new", "better", or "cooler" than before idea. Keep the original name, please.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads