4E - Stranded [IC]

Kaodi

Hero
Fodor looks mildly annoyed, though considering that this man may have not heard his earlier comments to Wittgenstein, he does not make anything of it.

" You will have to wait and see how the groups are split up, " he rumbles. " Personal preferences must be subordinated to the overall effectiveness of the division. That is why I trust the Captain to make a good decision. She is both a leader, and among everyone here is probably one of the few who has spoken with everyone. "

nonamazing

Explorer
Cyrial seems unsurprised by Fodor's rebuff. "I don't disagree with you," he says, shrugging. "And it's not personal preference, but simple prudence--I'm offering my suggestions as to whose skills might work well together and complement one another."

"Yes, of course we should abide by the captain's decisions...but take a good look at her, Fodor. She's in a very stressful situation, and every single person on the island is looking to her for answers. I'm not trying to say that we should make her decisions for her--that wouldn't help anything. But I am saying that if we give her our well-reasoned advice it will make it easier for her to make those tough decisions she finds herself faced with."

Graf

Explorer
Alernative is fixated on the bag rather than the statue, carefully but firmly acquiring it from whoever was holding it and inspecting it. The blood came from... One of the other missing individuals...?

It notes that Cyrial has called the talkative bugbear off to speak privately.

Kaodi

Hero
[sblock=OOC]Insight: 1d20+6=11[/sblock]

Fodor closes his eys for a moment as he rubs his temples with his big, meaty fingers. " I will take your comments into consideration, " he says. The bugbear has a feeling that the grey-skinned priest is hiding something, in any case. Perhaps it would be best to keep an eye on him by having him assigned to his group.

After that, he returns to the Captain's side to await her reply to his earlier comments.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Wittgenstein performs a low, courtly bow as he returns the elven woman to the other performers. He tries to speak, but his open mouth lets out a slow whine, eeeeeoooooooooo, an empty syllable born in nervousness and excitement.

He repeats his general questions aloud. Only Fodor had answered him, and so little seems to be getting done. Wittgenstein understands Fodor's desire for a chain of command, and clearly the Captain is the right person to be ordering things, but this inaction...

"What are we doing? Will people please answer? Are there any injuries that need tending?" He pauses and waits for an answer.
"Is anyone armed? We must ensure we are all safe. Not everyone is a warrior... Some have higher, artistic callings." (As he says "artistic", he glances at the elf woman, and smiles, and now regrets not asking her name, and regrets saying "eeeeooooo".)

Wittgenstein looks up and down the beach. Here we are so exposed, he thinks. Perhaps Fodor is right about groups... two scouting parties may allow us to secure a larger perimeter, and those guys over there keep talking about some keys. If only we had our possessions. If only we knew where we were, and how we got here, and...

Wittgenstein sighs. He looks around to the others, to Fodor, to the Captain, to anyone willing to act.

Falkus

Explorer
"We must have been brought here by magic," Durvin mused. "And I'd wager whoever brought us here did this. So why do this?"

Rayex

First Post
Overhearing the conversation, where splitting up in groups and scout out the area, the captain seems to have reached a decision.

"Very well. Two scouting parties. Let's see..." she considers a few moments before continuing. "Wittgenstein, take with you O-Haril here, Durvin and Alternative. Mister Willow , master Durvin, if you please. Start at the beach and move north, I think." she then turns to the Shadar-kai. "Cyrial and Fodor. I'd like you to scout out this forest. Take with you Tara, Szel and Mordras."

She then turns to Clubber. "Gather the crew. Gather four or five of them and move south from the beach. Meanwhile, we will have to see if we are able to catch some fish, and locate a water source."

Turning back to the 2 groups now gathering: "Arm yourself if possible, it seems we are not alone, and I will not lose anyone else."

Moving back towards the beach, the captain raises her voice. "Longarm! Squeak! Get over here, we've got a grave to dig. Morrina, gather the rest and find out what we have to work with here."

[sblock=OOC]
Im gonna recruit 1 for Albedo's spot. I'd really like to get a warlord, as he was the only one, and as mentioned earlier 1 of each class would be nice.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
Fodor nods at Captain Firon's proclamation, seeing that he was right to just council a little more patience.

As the groups prepare to leave, he approaches Wittgenstein and says gruffly, " It seems that your time for action is here. Good luck to you and your group. I will be most disappointed if you fail to come back alive. "

He then turns back to his own scouting party and its preparations.

Falkus

Explorer
"Good luck lads, and try to stay safe, aye?" Durvin told the other group, as they captain formed the different parties. "May Moradin bless your endeavors and lend his strength to your arms."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Wittgenstein offers a claw to Fodor the Bugbear, allowing himself to be engulfed by the other's presence.
"All fortune to you too. If I find your spellbook, I'll be sure to hold on to it for you." The kobold smiles at this. He is uncertain about splitting up so soon, but the Captain has been right before, and he is pleased that everyone at least now seems to recognize the threat and the need for action.

When Durvin cheers the others, he echoes their sentiments. Wittgenstein tries his bow again, this time to the Captain and those staying here. "We'll see you again, Captain, and I hope it will be soon. It won't be long until we will be out of communication." With the captain staying here, this will be a base.

Then an idea occurs to him. He asks aloud, to all the groups, but formally speaking to the Captain. "Captain, if I may. How long do we expect to travel? Should we plan on returning after a week's journey, if we have found nothing? We should specify something. It is uncertain enough travelling out like this unarmed and unarmoured, leaving you with limited defenses. A week out, a week back will mean that in two weeks, we would know if something happened to one of the other groups. Knowledge like that would help us stay alive. Similarly, if one group finds our provisions, it limits the time the other groups is defenseless."

Wittgenstein does a quick calculation: a week's travel is roughly 150-200 miles for this scouting group. Even that might be too far... Maybe two day's travel is enough. Maybe we should be bringing a runner as well... if it proved to be safe, one of the elves travelling alone could make much faster time, if one would come along. We have Daniel Willow, I guess, but... He looks around to the others. "Perhaps one of the elves would like to come along? It is possible that we could make use of your speed and your understanding of the natural world, even in a place as unnatural as this. We would of course endeavour to keep you safe."

Remove ads