4E - Stranded [IC]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"True enough, friend Bugbear," Wittgenstein says as he turns around, and gazes at the knees of Fodor. His glance turns back to the distressed elf, whom he may or may not be comforting. He continues speakig to Fodor, however:

"Our time on the ship together was brief, and my memory of what has transpired to bring us here is indistinct. You are right, that many of us are adequately equipped..." -- he gazes at his rock -- "...but there is no doubt that we should look for our stuff. Perhaps some of us should climb that peak and see what can be seen. I'm of course prepared to go. Perhaps you would like to come along? Once immediate wounds have been tended and people are settled down a bit, there might be time to assess our situation more tactically."

Kaodi

Hero
" Under ordinary circumstance I would not turn down your company, but I must point out that if we are to split up into groups, we should assemble ourselves into units that will be effective, not necessarily ones that would prefer to be together, " says Fodor.

The bugbear turns to look around at the assembled personages, beady eyes squinting slightly in the harsh sunlight.

" We have many skilled individuals among us, enough for perhaps two scout groups. Perhaps, not coincidentally, we need two keys for these strange stones. I would prefer though that we not break up into smaller parties until we have fashioned some primitive weapons, however. But first, we need to see what is in that satchel. "

The bugbear, not really that disturbed by blood, gore and dead bodies, takes the satchel from the vine and relieves it of its contents, which he then examines.

Graf

Explorer
The forged makes its way over to the two monstrous humanoids.

You seem to have an understanding of these stones. What keys? Please explain.

Kaodi

Hero
Fodor points to the centre of the stone marked, " Water, " and answers, " The keyholes in the middle of each stone must have keys to go with them. I am guessing that whoever left us stranded here wants us to find them, though for what nefarious purpose I know not. "

Graf

Explorer
Interesting. Thank you for your assistance.

Alternative looks up at the woman, and down at the bag.

The bag is wet with what looks like blood. But her wounds have dried. The forged observes in a flat voice. So where did the liquid on the bag come from?

Jemal

Adventurer
Daniel stalked over, snatching the bag up and examining it. His eyes are red but the tears have been whiped away, his vision clear once again. She was gone, had been for many years, and this wasn't her. Whoever had taken his memento, though.. their time would come soon, he would send them to meet the Raven Queen personally.
Any clues, anything he could do to speed that along, he would.
"I can handle myself, as well as healing others. I'm going." The elf does not ask permission, merely states a fact.

[sblock=ooc] heal is the closest skill I can think of for figuring stuff like this out.. is it actually blood and if so, how fresh is it? Is it obvious how the woman died, or would He have to examine her? Heal Check (1d20+9=18) [/sblock]

Zweischneid

First Post
Fodor points to the centre of the stone marked, " Water, " and answers, " The keyholes in the middle of each stone must have keys to go with them. I am guessing that whoever left us stranded here wants us to find them, though for what nefarious purpose I know not. "

Mordras comes closer and takes a 'professional' look² at the locks.
"Keys? Too bad I do not have my things. It has been a while since I had to use a key!"

[sblock=²thievery check]
Thievery on the 'Water' lock.. just examining though, not fiddling with it. (1d20+9=29)

Questions like .. is it really a key? what size? form? etc.. Has it been recently used? And, of course, is it trapped?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rayex

First Post
To those who chose to take down the woman from the tree:

The work of getting her down proved easier than you had initially thought. The spikes were easily removed, and you gently put her on the ground. Upon closer examination you see that the vine had covered up a throat savagely opened nearly from ear to ear. No other wounds - except where the spikes had held her up - are visible. As far as you can make out, it is still warm blood that is dripping from the bag, but you cannot say wether it is the womans blood or not.

In the leather bag there is a small ivory figure of a robed woman, facing the sky and holding a scepter in her right hand, raised over her hear.

[sblock=Wittgenstein]
The elven woman silentely takes your hand, but she seems to not hear nor see you. She walks like in a fog now, and you gently lead her to the rest gathered on the beach, where the others in her Troupe thank you for taking care of her.[/sblock]

[sblock=mordras]
From what you can make out, it is indeed what it looks to be - a lock for a regular key. While the stone itself - and the markings on it - looks ancient, the lock hasn't seen much use, if any at all.[/sblock]

In only a few minutes, Clubber comes back up and reports to the Captain.
"We seem to be missing twelve, alltogether, Captain. From the Swan: Lionilo, Stabber, Squint, Spoon, Line, Grins and Drowner." At the mention of his wife, Stabber, the dragonborn cargomaster shivers slightly.
"From the passangers, we are missing one of the daughters of the Silverwaves', the elven drummer from the Traveling Troupe, One of the dwarven brothers and the young twins."

Kaodi

Hero
Fodor frowns as he looks at the small figurine. " I must admit, I was hoping for something more along the lines of a note, the kind with a riddle or an ultimatum, " he says gruffly.

Turning to the Captain, he says, " Wittgenstein has the right of things, we need to get moving. I propose that we assemble two teams to investigate this island, and combat any threats found therein. Being the Captain, and thus probably the most exerienced leader, I would suggest that you decide who will go with each team. I do not think we can afford to put off doing something for too long. If our belongings are truly gone, we will have to get by with what can be constructed from the materials we find. "

nonamazing

Explorer
"Twelve missing? That's not good..."

But it's not as bad as it could have been, Cyrial thinks to himself. Although if I know Sehanine, it's probably going to get worse.

Lost in thought, Cyrial almost misses Fodor's suggestion that they split up and begin exploring the island. "Uhh...yes. That's a good idea. We need to find food and fresh water as quickly as possible, as well as attempt to track down the missing."

Meanwhile, Cyrial is thinking to himself: That bugbear is remarkably intelligent, and seems to have a sharp mind for tactics. Definitely someone I want to get on my side as quickly as possible.

He slips over to Fodor, getting his attention with a discreet cough. "Pardon me, uh, Fodor? Can I speak to you off to the side?"

Once he a Fodor are a couple of paces away. "As I said, I agree with the idea of forming groups and setting out to explore. If you're amenable, I'd like to travel with you." Cyrial looks back over his shoulder at the captain, still busy handing out orders and organizing her crew. "You seem to have the captain's ear, so she'll likely listen to you when it comes to deciding who's to be in each group. I'd...uh, I'd best avoid her attention for the moment."

"I'm no tactical expert, Fodor, but if you're willing to listen to my advice I'd suggest taking that human girl along with us. Although she's unarmed, her fey power makes her a force to be reckoned with, even if she does seem a little unstable. And that black-haired eladrin has caught my eye, and perhaps yours as well. He seems observant and intelligent, both of which could be useful."

Remove ads