D&D 4E 4e: You Are Dead to Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

pawsplay

Hero
The Ubbergeek said:
You overreact and should wait for testing before doing a dramalord show.

'They killed the game, woe on them, bah!'

*rolls eyes.*

You're right. I don't know everything about the new game. But I already know I don't like enough things I would never intentionally play it. The fact that there may be other things that I like, or even more things to dislike, just does not have a lot relevance to me.

I could go on and on, I really could, about what I hate about the designs I've seen so far and reasons why they are going to affect the play experience. But I don't think that has a lot of relevance, either, least of all to myself. D&D 4e will sell mostly on what it does do, not what it does NOT, but there are people who are going to reject it.

Personally, I believe 4e marks a low point in design philosophy for D&D and history will not be kind. I could be wrong. My instincts are generally pretty good, though.

Wolfspider

Explorer
pawsplay said:
Personally, I believe 4e marks a low point in design philosophy for D&D and history will not be kind. I could be wrong. My instincts are generally pretty good, though.

So what do you think the problems are with the design philosophy?

The Little Raven

First Post
Hussar said:
Needs more cowbell.

MoreCowbell.jpg

The Little Raven

First Post
pawsplay said:

That's funny, because I've always felt that the early editions lacked any kind of strong design philosophy, since they were a bunch of random systems haphazardly thrown together without thought to internal consistency.

AZRogue

First Post
I think you may be overreacting a bit. Remember, after people love 4E for a bit (and I think people will like to play the game, no doubt) they will come out with a book with extended rules for those people more interested in sandbox play and very detailed rules systems.

It will be called AD&D 4th Edition.

I have Amazon set up to email me when it becomes available for pre-order. ;)

Gloombunny

First Post
I still don't understand why so many old-school players think it's a big deal that they aren't going to play 4e and that we all need to be informed of it.

I mean, everyone has their preferences and that's totally cool, but you don't see me going around starting threads about how I'll never play a pre-3 edition of D&D - because I know nobody gives a crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases