D&D 4E 4eMetro

Griznuq

First Post
So far, I'm pretty happy with this tool. I no longer bring ANYTHING to the table, but my Surface RT, and dice.

Admittedly, this isn't the only thing I use though, I also open a PDF of my character sheet as well... I was wondering about your future plans now that the nuts and bolts seem all tightened... Please understand, I have NO idea what's involved in the coding, or what's possible or not... I have seen a few good things out there with these features, but not for Windows 8, so forgive any ignorant sounding questions. :)

First, I was wondering if you plan to have buttons on the screen for taking damage, etc... instead of bringing up the lower toolbar to take rests or spend surges, etc...

Also, I'd like to see it calculate total bonus on abilities, and actually show where each point of bonus came from... i.e. show the formula to come up with the bonus to hit... for example, +14 vs. Reflex (+10 from this, +2 from Wis +1 from racial, +1 from feat, etc...) Interested to see where the app goes from here. I'm pretty likely to buy full version.

I was fond of "http://iplay4e.appspot.com/characters" however, it does not play nice with IE10 (Which is currently the only browser I can get with Windows 8 RT) and seems to have lost some functionality with their recent update, with buttons and such... But their aesthetic / layout is nice, imo...

I'm psyched that you're developing this, and very likely to buy the app in the near future. Thanks for putting it together!

EDIT: Also please note, I have not read through all the previous posts, so if I asked anything that was already answered, I apologize...

Griznuq

First Post
Also, I'd like to see it calculate total bonus on abilities, and actually show where each point of bonus came from... i.e. show the formula to come up with the bonus to hit... for example, +14 vs. Reflex (+10 from this, +2 from Wis +1 from racial, +1 from feat, etc...) Interested to see where the app goes from here. I'm pretty likely to buy full version.

I was fond of "http://iplay4e.appspot.com/characters"...

For example from their site, I have a screenshot, of the damage breakdown that comes up when I mouse over the damage for one of my spells... See it here, if you like:

4eexample.png

scpredmage

First Post
Sorry for the radio silence; I've had (and still have) some personal matters to deal with that have been keeping me from doing terribly much as far as new features go.

I've got a small bug-fix patch going through certification at the moment that should clear up a couple of bugs related to the Second Wind auto-effect and a crash related to having multiple bonuses of the same type to the same skill. I submitted that on Monday, so unless Microsoft rejects it for yet another new and inventive reason (why no, Microsoft, it is NOT actually a game, so it does NOT need a rating from a video game ratings board, nor CAN it be rated by one), it should be pushed out early next week.

I also just created a discussion group over at Google Groups for reporting bugs, asking questions, requesting features, or what have you. I'll be adding a link to it on the store page in the next update (after the current one gets approved).

And as a quick teaser: I'm currently working on the ability to attach Effects to powers (so that when you use the power it automatically adds the effect, like Second Wind currently does), and setting up relationships with Conditions (so using a power turns on/off/toggles one or more Conditions).

scpredmage

First Post
The minor bug fix patch I submitted last week has finally passed certification, and I'm currently working on finishing up the next update.

In the mean time, I've uploaded a preview of the next build; the download link and installation instructions can be found over at the Google Groups discussion group. The current preview build includes power auto-effects and condition triggers.

scpredmage

First Post
New update got released to the Store on Monday; adds ability to set powers up to add effects or trigger conditions (4eMetro Pro, only), as well as adding a link to the Google Groups support page in the Settings charm and the Store page.

Also, just posted a new preview build to the support page that adds a minor new feature: context menus when tapping on HP, temp HP, surges, action points, or XP in the stats panel.

Wednesday Boy

The Nerd WhoFell to Earth
Do you have any plans to turn it into an iPad app? I didn't take to the iplay4e app and haven't found another one to replace it, so I use pen and paper still.

scpredmage

First Post
Well, seeing as I don't own an iPad, nor a Mac to use as a development platform, I don't have any plans to make an iOS version any time soon.

Granted, if I suddenly found myself in possession of an iPad, I'd definitely look at setting up a Mac virtual machine to give it a shot...

Remove ads