D&D (2024) -5/+10 feats and their future.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
We all now about Sharpshooter and Great Weapon Master by this point. We also know that because they are not currently "half feats" (feats that grant a +1 ASI) that they could count as level 1 feats for 1D&D.

I honestly think they should just remove the feats and give all Martials the ability to -5/+10 whatever weapon they happen to be using. Perhaps around level 5, when they get Extra Attack. I know that wouldn't cover Rogues, but Sneak Attack never played well with the feats to begin with.

I think -prof bonus on attack, +prof bonus on damage as default option seems ok.
Maybe prof bonus *1.5 for two handed weapons and prof bonus/2 for off hand.

Branduil

Hero
These kinds of feats should be added to fighting styles IMO. I don't like feats being needed for core aspects of characters. I'd change the numbers to -2/+ Prof.

-Combine Defensive Duelist with the Dueling fighting style
-Combine Dual Wielder with the Two-Weapon Fighting style
-Great Weapon Master replaces the GWF style
-Add Polearm Master as a fighting style
-Combine Sentinel with the Protection fighting style
-Sharpshooter replaces the Archery style
-Combine Shield Master with the Defense style

HaroldTheHobbit

Adventurer
My players are laid back regarding class balance etc, and I as DM isn't bothered by the -5/+10 feats. Yeah, it might be a bit powerful at low level, but then I just put a few more opponents in the encounter. But from tier 2 the nova madness begins anyway, so I just adapt the encounters towards the partys powers level. Which is what I always should do as a DM anyway, unless I run a campaign with lots of run-away-encounters.

So no, I don't have a problem with it in its current form. But giving it to all martials might be a good idea actually.

Remove ads