D&D (2024) -5/+10 feats and their future.

It would definitely make sense as a replacement for crossbow expert. It would be wildly inferior for virtually any weapon build, though. The game has way too many mechanics that make having multiple attacks superior to one attack.
fair point
Would never be worth it. The damage bonus has to be at least twice the penalty to accuracy.
yeah, like i mentioned earlier i miswrote that - i meant to write -prof/+double prof

Horwath

Legend
i mean, if they're gonna keep them at all in any form, the least they could do is make them -prof bonus/+prof bonus instead so that it's less insane early game.
or unify them and make them more flat with bonuses:

Power attack: +1 str, dex or con
when you make melee or ranged attack you can take -1 attack penalty to gain +2 to damage.
at 5th level you take -2 penalty to gain +4 damage
at 11th level you take -3 penalty to gain +6 damage
at 17th level you take -4 penalty to gain +8 damage

optional: if melee STR weapons still lacking some DPS consider increasing damage bonus for 2Handed melee weapons based on STR to have 50% higher damage boost, -1/+3, -2/+6, -3/+9, -4/+12, like PF1 math.

when you make melee or ranged attack you can take -1 attack penalty to gain +2 to damage.
at 5th level you take -2 penalty to gain +4 damage
at 11th level you take -3 penalty to gain +6 damage
at 17th level you take -4 penalty to gain +8 damage
this is literally just -prof/+double prof (which is what i meant to type) with worse scaling

Remove ads