D&D Movie/TV 5 (nitpicking)) things the D&D Movie got wrong

(Ed Greenwood)

Ed loved the movie, he just points out some funny nitpicks.

Cool side notes not only is Ed the creator of the Forgotten Realms, he's also the creator of Sending stones which appear in the movie.

But the big bomb drop is confirmation from Ed Greenwood that contractually they can NEVER DECANONIZE THE NOVELS.

This is why logically FR can never get rebooted in canon, it only evovle.

Stormonu

Legend
Ed is wrong about the multiple wild shapes. My son and I went over them, he is forgetting she's high enough level (we figured about 10th-12th, considering some of the spells being thrown about by her and Simon), allowing her to use her higher level spells for polymorph (since that was likely her only encounter for the day and it was desperation, she probably blew her 6th, 5th & 4th level spells in addition to her 2 standard wild shapes).

Ed is wrong about the multiple wild shapes. My son and I went over them, he is forgetting she's high enough level (we figured about 10th-12th, considering some of the spells being thrown about by her and Simon), allowing her to use her higher level spells for polymorph (since that was likely her only encounter for the day and it was desperation, she probably blew her 6th, 5th & 4th level spells in addition to her 2 standard wild shapes).

They never mention Doric casting spellsi the movie, she only uses wildshape.

teitan

Legend
She’s CR 5. So I would say she’s about 6th level but even then, it’s a movie. I don’t expect them to follow the game rules anymore than I do the novels.

Remove ads