WotC 5E 2020 Book Clue - I need your help!

Ringtail

World Traveller
I hope they add the Moonsea and Smebia. That would flesh out that entire area pretty good and make a good campaign expansion. They could do an adventure book in Cormanthor and Myth Drannor then. Is Myth Drannor rebuilt still or was it destroyed again, Im not up on the current FR lore?

The Moonsea is a wonderful little area with a lot of politics going on and perfect for a little Dark Fantasy in your Realms if you want it. I support this entirely.

I believe Myth Drannor was destroyed again. At least that's what it says in the SCAG.

R_J_K75

Legend
The Moonsea is a wonderful little area with a lot of politics going on and perfect for a little Dark Fantasy in your Realms if you want it. I support this entirely.

I believe Myth Drannor was destroyed again. At least that's what it says in the SCAG.

When me and my friends started playing D&D again we bought the revised FR Campaign Setting. Shortly after we scoured the local Media Plays, a Hobby Town USA and FLGS looking for other products. First one we found was the Moonsea supplement which was a lot of fun and we used quite a bit. I remember playing an elf and wandering too close to Hillsfar; and the DM running the "Bell in the Depths" adventure but re-branding it "Darkside of the Moonsea".

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
It could refer to countless elements, from Ravenloft itself, to an undead heavy AP, to an AP with a major undead villian, to Zendikar which has vampire cities, or Innistrad which also has Vampires and other Gothic Horror or some obscure element of CoS.

Who knows. And that might have been for an different project then the one he just hinted at.
All possible. Although it could also have referred to other elements of CoS... like a small campaign area with several towns and multiple plot threads running through it, or that it was an expanded adaptation of a famous module or module series, or that it was another thing he got together with Tracy Hickman on to create.

So for instance, some folks hypothesized an adaptation and expansion of the Desert of Desolation series which Tracy Hickman created and worked on, as that would hit upon several similarities to CoS. But at this point it's all just speculation.

gyor

Legend
All possible. Although it could also have referred to other elements of CoS... like a small campaign area with several towns and multiple plot threads running through it, or that it was an expanded adaptation of a famous module or module series, or that it was another thing he got together with Tracy Hickman on to create.

So for instance, some folks hypothesized an adaptation and expansion of the Desert of Desolation series which Tracy Hickman created and worked on, as that would hit upon several similarities to CoS. But at this point it's all just speculation.

I think the next big AP could be Desert of Desolation update or a sequel easily, its the most popular module that hasn't been done yet, its already in FR in an interesting region in need of an update, and it has undead, small towns, and other elements in common with CoS without being too simular to CoS.

The Glen

Legend
The only problem, and its not really a problem, of assuming its going to be a Hickman inspired book is that Tracy and Laura added so much to D&D during TSR where do you start? You've got Desert of Desolation and In Search of Adventure but his magnum opus is Dragonlance. So after Ravenloft you've got three fantastic supplements any of which would be a welcome addition.

gyor

Legend
The only problem, and its not really a problem, of assuming its going to be a Hickman inspired book is that Tracy and Laura added so much to D&D during TSR where do you start? You've got Desert of Desolation and In Search of Adventure but his magnum opus is Dragonlance. So after Ravenloft you've got three fantastic supplements any of which would be a welcome addition.

I don't think we will get Dragonlance until Dragonlance races start showing up again UA.

Never heard of In Search of Adventure.

Remove ads