13th Age [5E, 4E] Looking for a 5E/PF/13th Age adventure path to convert to 4E

VisanidethDM

First Post
Hello!

My current Warhammer game is ending soon and my players expressed the wish to go back to 4E for our next game.

I don't have enough free time to go full homebrew, so I'm thinking of picking up a 5E/13th Age/Pathfinder adventure path and adapting it (my players are fundamentally familiar with all "good" 4E adventures) to adapt to 4E.

The fundamental requisites are:

- not necessarily zero to hero: we're looking for an adventure that can span at least 10-15 sessions (I think the 5E 10 level span is ideal, but anything that lasts more than 5 levels is good)

- not a pure dungeon crawl: my players appreciate good tactical combat (expecially after months of Warhammer which isn't particularly engaging in that perspective) but their forte is roleplay and mischief; one of them particularly shines when he has the opportunity to employ is messy but surprisingly successfull diplomacy skills (despite almost always playing fighter types), another loves playing broody criminals, then the last two tend to play either casters or charisma-based characters (like dashing rogues or bards) or big damn heroes. I need something that has a certain balance between exploration and urban intrigue.

- given that our last game was fundamentally a giant political investigation, I want a strong shift in focus: in particular I'm considering a scenario involving a good mix of exploration and survival or something based on fairly straightforward adventuring/treasure hunting.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Lord Shark

Adventurer
I actually logged in to recommend Eyes of the Stone Thief too. It's super flexible, and it's meant to be interspersed with other adventures, so it's easy to adjust to your group on the fly as necessary. It is heavy on the dungeon-crawly aspects, but it's not totally hack and slash -- there are places where being able to negotiate can be quite useful.

Jhaelen

First Post
+1 for Eyes of the Stone Thief!

Note, that it's written to cover the mid-range of levels, though. So you get to do some unrelated adventures and foreshadowing before you start with the adventure path.

VisanidethDM

First Post
Thanks for the suggestions!

Since we're on EnWorld, how about Zeitgeist? I have the first 4 modules since I was subscribed last year. Is it any good? Does subscribing to EnWorld give you all the remaining modules still?

Thanks for the suggestions!

Since we're on EnWorld, how about Zeitgeist? I have the first 4 modules since I was subscribed last year. Is it any good? Does subscribing to EnWorld give you all the remaining modules still?

Zeitgeist is stellar! A complex, vivid campaign with great NPCs and a good overall plot. I love it that they also written it for 4E.
BUT: It can get quite sprawling in its totality. My advice would be to "just" play the first act (which is in itself three adventures). If you want to spend 15 sessions with it, maybe you can get in the first act in? I think that it will be worth it. The first adventure is quite linear and action/exploration packed, the second one is a mystery case (but also with some good combat encounters).

Oh, and you will have to decide how much you want to go into the details of the campaign world. You can really lose yourself there as a DM, so take caution. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases