5e and Amazon - PHB still in the Top 100

Hussar

Legend
I am gobsmacked. This is just astonishing. It's been almost 5 years now and 5e is STILL in the top 100 of all books on Amazon.com :wow:

PHB is #68.

What really blows me away is books like SCAG are still in the top 1000. Holy crap that little book made a lot of money for WotC.

Even the worst selling stuff, like the oldest of the modules, are still around 10000 (ish). That's just mind blowing.

Like it or hate it, but WotC really, really nailed the market with 5e.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Yeah, based on Amazon listings and the fact I can still buy it in hobby stores after nearly four years, even SCAG has been a huge hit.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
And beyond the dead-tree books, they are finding a new avenues to generate revenue from the same content in digital formats: D&D Beyond, Fantasy Grounds, Roll20 (and hopefully in the near future they'll license it to campaign management products/services like RealmWorks, World Anvil, Obsidian Portal, City of Brass, and the like).

Good for WotC, good for the hobby.

I am always happy when someone posts sich things. It is feeling so good that 5e playtest realy found out what the audience wants and that the designers put it well enough together into a quite coherent thing

Is it perfect. Hell no. But it serves its purpose so well. Its the perfect entry to the hobby.

Hussar

Legend
And beyond the dead-tree books, they are finding a new avenues to generate revenue from the same content in digital formats: D&D Beyond, Fantasy Grounds, Roll20 (and hopefully in the near future they'll license it to campaign management products/services like RealmWorks, World Anvil, Obsidian Portal, City of Brass, and the like).

Good for WotC, good for the hobby.

Honestly, I believe that may be a good way forward. Sure, there's Roll20 and Fantasy Grounds, but, now that there are other VTT's coming on the market, you'd think that these other guys could license out as well. What was that new one? Astral? Looks gorgeous. And more VTT's on the market is better, IMO. I'm rather hoping that other platforms will start coming online too - Xbox or Playstation, that sort of thing. It's not like those consoles don't have the horsepower to run a VTT. They certainly do.

Getting more people in on the VTT action is something I've been wanting to see for years.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases