5e conversion guide or system - which one should I use?

Morlock

Banned
Banned
I've been planning my own homebrew, but I read a thread somewhere on the interwebz that made it sound like converting adventures and setting material (as opposed to wholesale conversion of crunch, character creation and classes, etc., which I'm not really interested in) from 3.5/Pathfinder to 5e was something that can be done reasonably on the fly.

If that's even close to true, then I'd probably shelf what I was working on and go with 5e. I looked around for conversion guides but 1) there were a lot of threads and 2) they were all from 2014, mostly early 2014. I don't know if this is because the DMG included a system and killed the conversation, or what, but I was hoping to get some advice as to which conversion guides/systems are the most popular, and work the best.

hujraadjohaansen

First Post
I wrote a scaled down do system and have been playing it for 20 plus years. With the release of 5th I was able to write a quick conversion from any edition spell description to my home brew. It is fast and worisk great on the fly. Your best bet IMHO is to spend a day vacation going thru the source book you plan on using and review all the effects, classify them, and write a quick confession table for yourself.

Remove ads