(5E) D&D/Moorcock Multiverse Inspiration PBP

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Selythin feel Alan's magic surge through him. Indeed, he or she was full of surprises. He rushes towards the beast, flying faster than he thought possible, and strikes it without mercy.

OOC: reaction: move full speed towards chaos beast
move: full speed to chaos beast. My understanding is that Selythin is now in melee range
Action: cast booming blade, attack 26 (Crit!), damage from attack 6, necrotic damage from hex: 5, if target moves thunder damage 1
Crit damage: main attack: 7, necrotic damage from hex, 2, if target moves thunder damage 2
Totals with crit: main attack: 13 damage; hex necrotic damage: 7, thunder damage if target moves 3

HP:16/30 + 5 temporary HP from mantle of inspiration

JharyOConnah

Explorer
Through the young tailor's magic, Alan, Eovin, and Selythin all ran out on the balcony chasing the mortally wounded flying snake beast. They all attacked the glowing creature, although only Selythin's booming attack with his ancestral sword struck true.

The chaos beast shattered into a thousand tiny black fragments and dissipated on the wind, causing a large, dark cloud to hang in the wind on the western side of the dead faerie queen's castle.

All three would be adventurers were now standing out floating slightly above the third floor balcony. All was quiet for a few moments.

Cousin Zenythin limped into view, raising an eyebrow. "Well that was some fight. I don't think I can keep up this pace of ultra-violence. Back home I'd have servants or slaves to do my dirty work. I guess you'll have to do, cousin." He winked at Selythin then leaned heavily against the wall.

Just then all four of the gathered comrades heard a familiar cackling. It was louder, more menacing than when they'd heard it from the lower depths of the castle, perhaps magnified magically.

This time words accompanied the laughter. "Hahahaha! You think you're all so clever destroying my favorite pretty pet? Well there are more where that one came from. I can make them all day and night with this fancy rod and ornate crown. It wasn't even made for my head, but fits me oh-so-well. I can't decide if I like the vizier's treasure or the queen's more... Not to mention the pretty red ring! Hahahaha... Come up and talk, if you dare. I'll spare you the rest of the beasties until I've had a chance to gloat and rub all my fancy magical trinkets in your faces. Don't wait too long, though. I'm impatient... Hahahaha..."

It was the wizard, Fib'Karna. He was taunting the group from the uppermost reaches of the castle.

Zenythin slumped down a bit, still leaning heavily against the wall. "Mayhap I sit this one out... I feel a bit under the weather. Let me know how it goes, dear cousin. I dare say you shouldn't keep the man waiting..."

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Selythin takes a breath, and focuses his inner strength. As he does this, glue energy flows from his hands to his open wounds, many of which seem to close. He then looks at his companions, nods with satisfaction at their morale and disposition, and says. "Lets make the gods proud, and rid this area of this filth!". With that, he leads the way up.

OOC: Use lay on hands for 8hp, 2hp remaining in case they are needed total HP is now 24/30 + 5 temporary.

JharyOConnah

Explorer
Zenythin nodded to Selythin as the trio of heroes started up the stairs to the upper most reaches of the dead faerie queen's castle. They could still hear laughing, a cracking, strange warble from down corridors and through doors, yet still highly audible, magically even. It was the evil wizard, murderer of Alan's estranged mother, Fib'Karna. He was still taunting them about the grand vizier's rod, the queen's crown, and the lord protector's signet ring.

Even before the group checked their gear and weapons they heard more shouting from inside the queen's private chambers. "Such a pretty red ring on my finger, such a beautiful crown on my head, such a magnificent sceptre to behold... Where are the beasts? Where are the heroes? I think I hear them creeping up. I think I can sense their presence..."

The cackling and screaming subsided for a moment, then quieter, but still through the big double doors:

"... Open the doors if you dare! Come in and give the new queen a kiss on the cheek. Come bow before my magnificence, my loyal subjects! Come languish me with affections, my dears! If you dare..."

IMG_20200914_155954.jpg

(You've fought all the way up to the uppermost floor of the faerie castle. You are in the hallway at the top left. There are multiple doors, all of which open into slightly thrashed empty rooms. The big double doors leading to the queen's private chambers are still closed. With your passive perception you notice two hidden-ish doors, one to the north, one to the south. Each leads to a set of stairs. Let me know what your attack plan is or any exploring you'd like to do before the fight with Fib'Karna. If it's fighting, please give me an initiative roll. 🐲)

OOC: Short rest is useless. Eovin should have 2nd level spells by now but she hasn't had a long rest with which to switch out her spells since day one of the game.

Remove ads