D&D 5E 5e Halcyon Academy

Greenmtn

Explorer
Zilvar Gnome Wizard

"So... all of the guards and caravan workers are just going... missing..." Zilvar swallows hard.

Looking to his classmates "I guess this means we will be posing as caravan guards?" Zilvar seems uncomfortable with the idea of taking that risk but seems to be reluctantly accepting the idea.

"We cannot pose as guards, at least not all of us. If they have someone inside, the game will be up immediately. We could have the group trailing or leading the caravan. That way either we come to help...or meet with the trouble first." Quentin smiles, "I'm not stealrhy, but I fan pass for a guard."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Hercule Manor
Winter/Morning
Round 0

Asherah was a little taken aback by the little girl’s rudeness. But she covered it a bit with another smile. “Well, I am not from around here and don’t know your family, so I hope you will forgive me not knowing that,” she said to the little girl.

The tabaxi turned back to the conversation as it discussed posing as caravan guards and getting caught if they did.

“What if we disguise ourselves?” she asked. She put a finger up under her nose like a moustache. “Just zum mercenaries not from around ‘ere,” she said in a horrible accent.

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus:
Reaction:
Free:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 9/9+4 thp
AC: 13 (leather armor)/14 (dual wield)/15 (shield)
Unarmed: +4 3 B
Claws: +4 1d4+2 S
Flametongue Spear: +4 1d6/d8+2/P+1d6 fire 20/60
Coldtongue Flail: +4 1d8+2/B+1d6 cold

War Priest (2/2/LR)

Spells: +4; DC 12
Cantrips: Guidance, Mending, Sacred Flame
1st (3/3): (Divine Favor, Shield of Faith), Command, Cure Wounds, Healing Word
[/sblock]

[sblock=School results]
Combat 19
Arcane 6 (18) (Favored Soul)
Divine 14
Skill 11
Nature 7 (fail)
Immortal 2 (fail)
[/sblock]

Greenmtn

Explorer
"You think so? I would think if the guards are going missing new faces would be a part of business as usual for who ever is behind this. This is the truely ugly side of business." Zilvar seems to be turning over the options in his head. Something changes in Zilvars face. He seems to be all business at this point, his classmates recognize this face, it's the one that takes him over when he thinks of home and the family business dealings.

"It's a good fit so far. A group of strangers come into town, from the Academy, to meet with Lady Hercule. This I'm sure hasn't gone unnoticed. We need to assume they know we are here and that we are in danger. I'm open to other ideas but the options I see are that we convince everyone we are hired guards, we convince everyone that the Academy or those buying the silver from the mine sent us to investigate the Hecule family, a possible new customer, or we are open about investigating who is behind this."

"I don't normally arrange contracts. If you have a way to magically or quickly and reliably send messages we could get a message to my brother and have him come to talk to you about a shipment of silver. Our Dwarven suppliers do not currently supply that metal. That could provide reason for us being here?"

Last edited:

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Grody thinks about the information for a moment and then makes a connection suddenly. "Like merchant in inn! Monster grab him and suddenly he dissapear!"

A moment of utter silence later, the kobold realized that he'd spoken aloud. He'd said it in his native Draconic language, but didn't know who, if anyone would understand him. Slowly, he peeked around the back of Jordy's chair to show his snout with it's blue tipped scales, the rest of his face still shadowed under the cover of his winter hood.

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
The three Hercules stop and look at Jordy first, then Grody.

Araque's face goes red with barely controlled anger, while the Lady's face goes red with embarrassment as she looks away. The girl crosses her arms and looks away as well.

"Opsin was a merchant I had dealings with," Araque said, calmly. "I have recently stopped having dealings with him.

"As for you pretending to be guards, I can arrange that. Calling some Academy students to act as guards is a little much, but considering how we've been beset, it would be understandable. Though, they may not attack, knowing you are here."

When Zivar gives his suggestion, a hungry look comes into Araque's eyes, "Yes, we could certainly use another customer to ship to. Though, I have no way of contacting them now. Still, you could get word to them, and perhaps a new contract could be set up, to the benefit of us all."

"We aren't here about new contracts, Araque," his wife said. "After this is over, perhaps. But no new contracts will help until we've dealt with the problem."

"Yes, you're right," Araque said. "Make your plans, and inform me of what you need. I would prefer you get started by this afternoon. You may stay here and plan, and I will provide lunch."

OOC: Just let me know what you're final plan is, and we'll get started.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Grody shrank back from that red hot glare and disappeared back behind the chair. He wondered if anyone had understood what he'd said. But he wasn't likely to find out at just this moment.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases