D&D 5E 5e Monster Conversions. What have you made ?

Amatiel

Explorer
One of my monster conversions
Ethereal Slayer.jpg
Ethereal Slayer
Large aberration, neutral
Armor Class 17 (natural armor)
Hit Points 178 (17d10 + 85)
Speed 50 ft.

STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
25(+7) 14(+2) 20(+5) 8(-1) 16(+3) 9(-1)

Skills Athletics +11, Perception +7, Stealth +6
Condition Immunties blinded
Damage Resistances bludgeoning, piercing and slashing from nonmagical weapons
Senses blindsight 60’ (blind beyond this radius), passive Perception 17
Languages --
Challenge 9

Blind Senses. A slayer can’t use its blindsight while deafened and unable to smell.
Ethereal Jaunt. As a bonus action, an ethereal slayer can magically shift from the ethereal plane to the Material Plane, or vice versa.
Keen Hearing and Smell. The slayer has advantage on Wisdom (perception) checks that rely on hearing or smell.
Innate Spellcasting. The ethereal slayers spellcasting ability is Wisdom (spell save DC 15). The slayer can innately cast the following spells.
At will: detect magic
2/day each: misty step, blink, dimension door
Magic Resistance. The slayer has advantage on saves against spells and magical effects.

ACTIONS
Multiattack. The slayer makes two claw attacks.
Claws. Melee Weapon Attack: +11 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 25 (4d8 + 7) slashing damage.
Grapple. If both of a slayer’s claw attacks hit (and if the target is medium or smaller), the target is grappled (escape DC 19). Until the grapple ends, the target is restrained, and the slayer can attempt to ethereal jaunt with its victim to the ethereal plane (DC 15 Intelligence save negates).
Psychic Scream (recharge 5-6). The slayer magically emits psychic energy in a 30’foot radius. Each creature in the area must succeed on a DC 15 Intelligence save or take 55 (10d10) psychic damage and be stunned for 1 minute. A creature can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.

Last edited:

Sacrosanct

Legend
A whole bunch. I actually went through AD&D modules and the Fiend Folio and did requests a while ago, even before the DMG was out. Most of the monster conversions can be found in the homebrew forum of this site.

Bupp

Adventurer
I've done a bunch. Obsidian giant, allip, urisk, lillend, choker, krenshar, bhaergala, belabra, utukku, dark naga, gigantic octopus, high priest, dark creeper, phase dragon, slaugh, skotos, amorphous blob, dry bones, bloody bones, glasspane horror, ghuuna, asperii, fachan, cantobele, calygraunt, bohun tree, amitok, and gremlins.

They can also be found in the homebrew forum, but they are easier to find on my blog:

http://5egrognard.blogspot.com/search/label/monster
http://5egrognard.blogspot.com/search/label/monsters

Ezequielramone

Explorer
Since I lack the time at the moment I'm running the official adventures. But the game where I'm player is an old adnd dragonlance one, and because I'm always dming the actual DM of that group ask me for advise to convert an "eyewing" (I know the name in Spanish but not in English, so that is a translation, maybe the real name is not this).... It is a round creature with batlike wings, a big eye that drops acid, two claws and a tail that shots poison or something like that. I wish I could make more conversions it's really easy.

Last edited:

Uder

First Post
A few. For the last few games I've been doing the monsters from Labyrinth of Madness. Classed Yuan-Ti were fun.

Last edited:

Azurewraith

Explorer
I converted a vamperic mindflayer not sure I liked how it turned out didbt help that the one encounter he was in I kept rolling <10 and the lone PC had no way to kill it(he regained more health than he could lose). Should of cut scened it but Its not nice to say to some one and you fall unconscious. No you can't do anything to stop it

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases