D&D 2E (5e + PF2e)/2?

Myrhdraak

Explorer
Maybe I should give it a shot. Question is which class one should start with? Probably the martial classes. Those are the one's that are boring to play in 5e. Maybe I should give the fighter a try, and then potentially the Warlord, which are missed on the forums, as far as I can tell.

RSIxidor

Adventurer
Maybe I should give it a shot. Question is which class one should start with? Probably the martial classes. Those are the one's that are boring to play in 5e. Maybe I should give the fighter a try, and then potentially the Warlord, which are missed on the forums, as far as I can tell.

I very much miss playing both the 4E Fighter and Warlord, myself.

Myrhdraak

Explorer
Hmmm, did some fast calculations on a 5e Fighter damage per round, vs. 4e Fighter damage and it is very different. 5e Figher damage grows exponentially to something like 120 HP/round in damage at 20th level, while the 4e Fighter is almost half of that, and much more linear

How does the fighter do that? 1d8 + 5(str) + 3 (+ weapon) + ~2 ~(misc) = 15 per attack. That's only half. 10% chance of a crit doesn't cut it, and action surge is 2 rounds max.

RSIxidor

Adventurer
How does the fighter do that? 1d8 + 5(str) + 3 (+ weapon) + ~2 ~(misc) = 15 per attack. That's only half. 10% chance of a crit doesn't cut it, and action surge is 2 rounds max.

Great Weapon Master with assumption that you'll hit every attack and get to make the bonus action attack, maybe? Using your 15 and just adding +10 puts it at 125. Have to agree that the former estimate doesn't hold up under scrutiny.

dave2008

Legend
Good point. But that's only +4 more per attack/16 per round. So 75 - 80 or so.
You replied before I added GWM for +10 damage. So that gets: 7(2d6) + 5 (ability) + 3(magic) + 10(feat) = 25 per hit x 4 = 100 DPR or 200 DPR with surge (both max).

Add a belt of SGS and you get 116 DPR or 232 w/ surge.

You can get close, but I am not sure where the 120 DPR came from. I do think that probably averages out pretty close to 120 DPR with surges factored in (even without the belt). So my guess is that is what he was thinking.

RSIxidor

Adventurer
You replied before I added GWM for +10 damage. So that gets: 7(2d6) + 5 (ability) + 3(magic) + 10(feat) = 25 per hit x 4 = 100 DPR or 200 DPR with surge (both max).

Add a belt of SGS and you get 116 DPR or 232 w/ surge.

You can get close, but I am not sure where the 120 DPR came from. I do think that probably averages out pretty close to 120 DPR with surges factored in (even without the belt). So my guess is that is what he was thinking.

Assuming the bonus attack from GWM would put it at 125, right? I don't think that's a reasonable assumption to make but gives you the fifth attack that gets you closest to 120.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases