I hear a lot of complaints on the PF forums that 5e does have enough options and is not tactical enough. However, for me PF2e is not just adding some depth and options, but a lot more fiddle bits and complexity. To much for my taste. So I have a few questions for forum foragers:
- Is there a RPG that has the simplicity of 5e with some more depth and tactical options like PF2e (or 4e really)?
- Can you add depth and tactics to 5e without losing much of its simplicity / streamlined play?
- Assumed “yes” to #2: how would you do it?
- I would give tactical options to monsters (I’m already doing that)
- add tactically oriented subclasses
- Maybe rework feats to be half or mini feats and spread them across more levels