D&D 2E (5e + PF2e)/2?

dave2008

Legend
Assuming the bonus attack from GWM would put it at 125, right? I don't think that's a reasonable assumption to make but gives you the fifth attack that gets you closest to 120.
I just wouldn't assume it, but yes you are correct. I think what it shows is that with GWM and +3 magic weapon a DPR of approx. 120 is reasonable if you can get an action surge or two (likely) and a bonus hit every now and again (it will happen at least 5% of the time).

RSIxidor

Adventurer
So, is 4E fighter at 20 really only doing 50 damage a round? It's been a long time since I've looked at 4E DPR math and never really played at that high of a level.

Would it make more sense to compare to a level 30 fighter, and of porting stuff over to flatten levels down from 30 to 20, or is that making too many assumptions?

dave2008

Legend
So, is 4E fighter at 20 really only doing 50 damage a round? It's been a long time since I've looked at 4E DPR math and never really played at that high of a level.

Would it make more sense to compare to a level 30 fighter, and of porting stuff over to flatten levels down from 30 to 20, or is that making too many assumptions?
I don't remember the 4e DPR, its been to long. But you are correct, you should compare 5e lvl 20 with 4e lvl 30. They didn't really add epic levels in 4e, they just spread our progression over 30 levels (wish is lvl 29 daily I believe).

Comparing level 30 4e Fighter to level 20 5e Fighter is probably a better comparison, yes.
However a plain DPR comparison may not work: the 4e Fighter is probably doing a lot of tactical stuff in addition to just damage.

Remove ads