Basic Dungeons and Dragons 52
B/X Dungeons and Dragons 51
BECMI Dungeons and Dragons 57
Advanced Dungeons and Dragons, 2nd Edition 51
Dungeons & Dragons, Rules Cyclopedia Edition (up) 55
Classic Dungeons & Dragons (down) 41
Dungeons & Dragons, 3rd Edition 24
Dungeons & Dragons, 3.5 Edition 47
Dungeons & Dragons, 4th Edition 46 based on the edition which gave me the most enjoyment and the most memorable experiences.
Pathfinder 39
Dungeons & Dragons, Essentials 36
Dungeons & Dragons, 5th Edition 52 and the one that has given me the least.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Original Dungeons and Dragons 40
Advanced Dungeons and Dragons 53
Advanced Dungeons and Dragons, 2nd Edition 51 + 1 = 52
Dungeons & Dragons, Rules Cyclopedia Edition (up) 55
Classic Dungeons & Dragons (down) 41
Dungeons & Dragons, 3rd Edition 24
Dungeons & Dragons, 3.5 Edition 47 - 2 = 45
Dungeons & Dragons, 4th Edition 46
Pathfinder 39
Dungeons & Dragons, 5th Edition 52

Unlike others, despite wanting 3E to last longer because of the impact is had on me and others, I will give upon a clearly losing proposition. 3.5, however, will continue to get my ire.

TheSword

Legend
Advanced Dungeons and Dragons, 2nd Edition 52+1 = 53
Dungeons & Dragons, Rules Cyclopedia Edition 55
Classic Dungeons & Dragons 41
Dungeons & Dragons, 3rd Edition 24-2 = 22
Dungeons & Dragons, 3.5 Edition 45 + 1 = 46
Dungeons & Dragons, 4th Edition 46 - 2 = 44

Pathfinder 39
Dungeons & Dragons, 5th Edition 52

I have a strong suspicion that this survivor poll will continue the unbroken trend of survivor pols producing bizarre results completely out of touch with reality.

4E ahead of both 3e, 3.5 and pathfinder? Judging by the last days posts on here, 4e was the most successful edition of D&D we’ve seen. 👏 and of course Birthright was was the most popular setting 🙄

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
I have a strong suspicion that this survivor poll will continue the unbroken trend of survivor pols producing bizarre results completely out of touch with reality.

We can always do a follow-up where everyone ranks them and we apply a few different voting methods (sequential and not) and see how the results change.

OB1

Jedi Master
Advanced Dungeons and Dragons, 2nd Edition 53
Dungeons & Dragons, Rules Cyclopedia Edition 55
Classic Dungeons & Dragons 41
Dungeons & Dragons, 3rd Edition 22
Dungeons & Dragons, 3.5 Edition 46
Dungeons & Dragons, 4th Edition 44
Pathfinder 39-2=37
Dungeons & Dragons, 5th Edition 52+1=53

Bolares

Hero

4E ahead of both 3e, 3.5 and pathfinder? Judging by the last days posts on here, 4e was the most successful edition of D&D we’ve seen. 👏 and of course Birthright was was the most popular setting 🙄
maybe, just maaaaybe, your preferences aren't always sinonimous with reality.... :p

TheAlkaizer

Game Designer
4E ahead of both 3e, 3.5 and pathfinder? Judging by the last days posts on here, 4e was the most successful edition of D&D we’ve seen. 👏 and of course Birthright was was the most popular setting
I enjoyed 4E as much as 3.5E. But if you were to ask me today, in 2021, I would glady play 4E again but I have no interest going back to 3.5E. But I know 4E is disliked by many. Out of all the editions I enjoy, I'll try and keep it alive because it deserved better than what it got.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing

I see you've played this game before! :)

But seriously though: everyone needs to bear in mind that the point of this game is to have fun. It doesn't decide anything at all, certainly not which might be a "better" or "more popular" option. If you are having fun, you are doing it right. If you are trying to "win" or "prove a point," you need to adjust your expectations...

We can always do a follow-up where everyone ranks them and we apply a few different voting methods (sequential and not) and see how the results change.
You can look back over some of the Survivor threads that have been done multiple times (Survivor: Classes, Survivor: Monsters, etc.) and get an idea of how the game changes with different configurations.
They usually don't change all that much. Clever poll-crafting doesn't usually change the Top Five or the Bottom Five.

Again: the point of this game is to have fun. If that sort of thing is fun for you, go for it!

Last edited:

Remove ads