• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E 5E Survivor - 5th Edition Survives! [+]

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
It's funny - I've enjoyed the heck out of 5E for the most part, with more weekly gaming using that edition than any other since AD&D - but AD&D has so much nostagic value for me that I put my upvote there.

Omand

Hero
I started with BECMI (well, BEC only, moved to AD&D 1E before hitting Masters) and loved it at the time.
Then moved to 1E and loved it at the time. I was mostly the DM for these editions, and found them easy to run.

Then had a dark age as other things came up in life and missed the tail end of 1E and all of 2E.

Came back to the game with 3E and liked it, but adapted quickly to the 3.5 revision. That was a prolific time for me with world building and some very engaging campaigns as both a DM and player. As a DM I did find the work a bit harder for prep, but managed it.

When 4E came out my group adapted and I ended up playing and DMing again (mostly DM). Found it different, but enjoyable. The DM job was made easier by the online monster builder. My group at the time was not super enthused by the system overall, but we did work in 4E and Essentials to campaigns at the same time.

Once the D&D Next playtest rolled around we transferred over pretty much immediately. Found the different versions of the playtest interesting and they kept us going until the game launched.

5E I have found almost as easy to DM as the old BECMI and 1E days, although unfortunately my gaming group broke up for a variety of reasons. Still enjoying it as a system I can build campaigns and worlds under.

So, I have adapted over the years and moved forwards as the game has. Generally I cannot see myself going to any previous edition to play when 5E is still going strong, hence my votes, but I cannot say I hate any of the previous editions. I hold a bit of a fond spot of 3.5 as the culmination of the 3rd Edition development. It is what drew me back into the game after a hiatus of about 12 years.

Cheers :)

jasper

Rotten DM
Advanced Dungeons and Dragons, 1st Edition 58
Basic Dungeons and Dragons 42
B/X Dungeons and Dragons 35
BECMI Dungeons and Dragons 57
Advanced Dungeons and Dragons, 2nd Edition 51
Dungeons & Dragons, Rules Cyclopedia Edition 55
Dungeons & Dragons, 3.5 Edition 21 -2 = 19
Dungeons & Dragons, 4th Edition 34
Dungeons & Dragons, 5th Edition 41 +1 = 42

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Advanced Dungeons and Dragons, 1st Edition 56
Dungeons & Dragons, 3.5 Edition 19
Dungeons & Dragons, 4th Edition 34
Dungeons & Dragons, 5th Edition 43

J-H

Hero
Dungeons & Dragons, 4th Edition 34-2=32
Dungeons & Dragons, 5th Edition 43+1=44

Basic Dungeons and Dragons 40
B/X Dungeons and Dragons 36
Dungeons & Dragons, 4th Edition 32
Dungeons & Dragons, 5th Edition 44

TheSword

Legend
Yeah, I just copied the post prior to mine (Tallifer's) but I now see that some editions were actually eliminated but somehow got back into the game in TheSword's post.

Weird.

I will edit my post to try to get things back into sync.

(Edit: I went back to Lanefan's post (#450), made the modifications to reflect TheSword and Tallifer's posts and then made my mods. Hopefully, I didn't screw anything up.)
Well done. Thanks for that. Weird that the latest didn’t show up.

Remove ads