D&D 5E 5E The Lost Mine of Phandelver - Full

Thateous

Explorer
Throwing in my interest for this as well. Taking the Reconsecrate the Defiled Altar goal. Will roll stats and edit this post a minute.

Edit 1:

Stats: So it took me 3 rolls to get a set that met the standard.
I rerolled the first one because i wouldnt know what to do with a 4...
Stats: 6#4d6k3 16 14 14 7 14 4

The 2nd was just a slap in the face...
Stats: 6#4d6k3 6 9 8 9 13 14

Oh look, usable stats.
Stats: 6#4d6k3 11 14 15 15 8 13

If you would prefer I use the first roll, i'm ok with that. Will slap the 4 in charisma and just wont say much or wear a helmet all the time or something. Anyways moving on.

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
Okay, I'd like to post interest as well.
I'm looking at just the standard "Meet me in Phandalin" background. Human Barbarian.

First roll didn't meet the minimum level
http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=168157

Second set did much, much better.
5E The Lost Mine of Phandelver:
4D6.HIGH(3) = [6, 1, 3, 6] = 15
4D6.HIGH(3) = [1, 3, 4, 6] = 13
4D6.HIGH(3) = [6, 3, 6, 5] = 17
4D6.HIGH(3) = [5, 5, 5, 2] = 15
4D6.HIGH(3) = [2, 2, 5, 6] = 13
4D6.HIGH(3) = [2, 3, 4, 2] = 9

Full disclosure: I have played through this adventure before. I was teaching a number of new players and the DM how to play D&D. I'd like a chance to play it again, 'for real' as it were, and believe I can separate in and out of character knowledge. But I will withdraw if you think it an issue.

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
Oh yes, good point. I've actually DM'd this adventure for my family. It was the first campaign I did, when I was starting out as a DM. Of course, since my character was a Redbrand, it would make sense that he would know SOMETHING about what's going on, but I won't let it interfere with in character role play. I'll just ask "Would my character know such in such" and if not, I'll play it off. Would that be an issue?

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Okay, sources
Characters should be built with the PHB and one other source at max.
All published WotC material is OK
except no Volo's "Monstrous Adventurers"
UA on a case by case basis, each UA article is one source.
UA Ranger pre-approved. No to Mystic and Artificier.

Yes, you can play a winged Tiefling.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
I'm fine with people having run the adventure.

I'm planning to start the adventure of right away at the first encounter, so ccs should be happy.

That's 5 adventurers. We can add one more I think.

tglassy

Adventurer
I plan on making my Tiefling very much a Face, as well as very likely going Pact of the Tome, with Pact of the Chain a close second, really depending on whether we have any other magic users. Level 2 = Mask of Many Faces, to hide his visage from those who would kill him. He'll be an Eldritch Blast sniper in combat, and a deceptive sweet talker out of combat. Bashing things over the head or intimidating them, or even most other skills, are really out of his league.

His goal, actually, is to replace Glasstaff. Literally, put on his face and replace him. His patron, a Devil of the DM's choosing, has hinted that this power is possible (Mask of Many Faces) and everyone knows that this is his goal going in to it.

He's Lawful Evil, but my interpretation of Evil in DND is different than most. Most think Evil is just selfish, and lawful evil is just using the law to be selfish. In my case, I view Evil in DND to simply mean he gives little value to things like Life and Mercy. It's not that he'll betray everyone. If he did that, he wouldn't be trusted, and therefore he'd be weaker. He is not incapable of love or friendship. Nobody is that far gone. He's just...unforgiving. And cold, at times. And sometimes deaf to the cries of the innocent. In his mind, nobody is innocent.

So as for the group, you may decide how your character would take this rogue in magic robes. You know he is a Tiefling, you know he was once a Redbrand, and you know he wants to get revenge on Glasstaff. You also know that so far, he has proven himself loyal to you, so you are reasonably assured he won't stab you in the back.

Stats later.

hafrogman

Adventurer
867268e91272ae77d33944d2e671a379.jpg
Code:
[B]Name:[/B]       Evelyn Fisher
[B]Class:[/B]      Barbarian 1         [B]Size:[/B]       Medium (5'11", 155 lb)
[B]Race:[/B]       Human               [B]Gender:[/B]     Female
[B]Background:[/B] Sailor              [B]Alignment:[/B]  Neutral 
[B]Prof:[/B]       +3                  [B]XP:[/B]         0 / 300

[B]AC:[/B] 17           [B]Init:[/B] +4       [B]Speed:[/B] 30'

[B]HP:[/B] 15           [B]HD:[/B] 1d12

[B]Str:[/B] 16 +3       [B][x]  save: [/B] +5
[B]Dex:[/B] 18 +4       [B][ ]  save: [/B] +4
[B]Con:[/B] 16 +3       [B][x]  save: [/B] +5
[B]Int:[/B] 10 +0       [B][ ]  save: [/B] +0
[B]Wis:[/B] 14 +2       [B][ ]  save: [/B] +2
[B]Cha:[/B] 14 +2       [B][ ]  save: [/B] +2

[B]Attack                Bonus   Damage[/B]
Greatsword             +5     2d6+4
Greatsword, raging     +5     2d6+6
Shortbow               +6     1d6+4     range: 80/320
Club                   +5     1d4+3

[B]Skills:[/B]

[B][ ][/B] +4 Acrobatics
[B][ ][/B] +2 Animal Handling
[B][ ][/B] +0 Arcana
[B][x][/B] +5 Athletics
[B][ ][/B] +2 Deception
[B][ ][/B] +0 History
[B][ ][/B] +2 Insight
[B][ ][/B] +2 Intimidation
[B][ ][/B] +0 Investigation
[B][ ][/B] +2 Medicine
[B][x][/B] +2 Nature
[B][x][/B] +4 Perception
[B][ ][/B] +2 Performance
[B][ ][/B] +2 Persuasion
[B][ ][/B] +0 Religion
[B][ ][/B] +4 Sleight of Hand
[B][ ][/B] +4 Stealth
[B][x][/B] +4 Survival

[B]Features and Traits:[/B]
Rage (2/long rest)
 - Advantage on strength checks, strength saves
 - +2 melee weapon damage
 - reistance to b/p/s
 - 1 minute
Unarmored Defense

[B]Proficiencies:[/B]
Common
Dwarven
Armor (Light, Medium)
Shields
Weapons (Simple, Martial)
Navigator's Tools
Vehicles (Water)

[B]Equipment:                Cost  Weight[/B]
Greatsword                         6lb
Club                               2lb
Shortbow                           2lb     
 - arrows (20)             1gp     1lb
Explorer's Pack                   59lb
Silk Rope (50')                    5lb
Common Clothes                     3lb
Belt Pouch                         1lb

[B]Total Weight:[/B] 79lb / 240lb unencumbered
[B]Money:[/B] 10 gp 0 sp 0 cp

[sblock=Background]Personality Trait: I'm driven by a wanderlust that led me away from home.
Ideal: Destiny. Nothing and no one can steer me away from my higher calling.
Bond: I idolize heroes of the old tales and measure my deeds against theirs.
Flaw: Once someone questions my courage, I never back down no matter how dangerous the situation.

-----------------------------------------------------

Forty years ago, a young woman left her tribe on the icy tundra of Icewind Dale and set out on a vision quest. The old magic sang to her and she journeyed wherever it led, even when it sent her to the soft lands of the south. She journeyed to the city they call Neverwinter, and there her travels ended. She met a man, not a tribesman, a city dweller. And not a warrior, a fisherman. But we cannot control the desires of our hearts, and so in Neverwinter she stayed. She wed the fisherman and bore his child, but she never forgot her homeland or her tribe.

The fisherman's son was a fisherman, too. Shrewd, but unimposing, he made a fine business man in this city of stone streets and stone buildings. His mother mourned for what was not, and longed for a child to follow in her footsteps, one she could teach the songs of her people. But no such child came. In time the fisherman's son married a woman like himself, soft from city living, and they provided for their family not with courage and strength, but with their minds and their ink pens.

Then, the child Evelyn was born to the fisherman's son and his wife. She grew quickly, strong like the spring shoots that must take hold before the snows return. Evelyn's grandmother watched over her and smiled a secret smile. The girl child was strong of body, but stronger of spirit. Her tutors despaired and declared her unteachable, even as her grandmother sang to her of the north and her blood. She learned much at her grandmother's knee. The old magic was not for her, she would be no shaman. But still the north ran in her blood, strong and fierce. She would be a warrior.

For some time, she tried to be her father's daughter. She worked the boats and learned the songs of the water, but even these proved too weak to quench the need that drove her. Unable to face the quiet life of the city or the sea, she strapped on her blade and found herself work that would take her away from Neverwinter and into the wilderness to the east - into adventure.[/sblock]

[sblock=Appearance]Ms. Evelyn Fisher is a barely leashed tigress of a woman. At first glance, she might seem as any other young lady of Neverwinter. She is fairly attractive, with close cropped blonde hair, intense dark eyes and an athletic build. But nothing so overly remarkable that she would stand out amid the crowds of the city if you were to observe her standing in front of you. Do not be deceived, however. When she moves, her true power and grace shine through. Hidden muscles bunching and sliding underneath a plain blouse and trousers reveal the elegant killing machine concealed within.[/sblock]

[sblock=Rolls]5E The Lost Mine of Phandelver:
4D6.HIGH(3) = [6, 1, 3, 6] = 15
4D6.HIGH(3) = [1, 3, 4, 6] = 13
4D6.HIGH(3) = [6, 3, 6, 5] = 17
4D6.HIGH(3) = [5, 5, 5, 2] = 15
4D6.HIGH(3) = [2, 2, 5, 6] = 13
4D6.HIGH(3) = [2, 3, 4, 2] = 9
[/sblock]

Last edited:

eayres33

Explorer
WIP
Salazar Blacktalon
Paladin
Half Elf
Folk Hero

[sblock=Image]
1445209367028.jpg[/sblock]

[sblock=Appearance]
Salazar is tall for a half-elf at just over six feet and has a muscular build weighing in at just over 200 lbs. He has a sharp featured yet youthful face, with a burn scar staring at the base of his neck and running down to his foot. It has caused him to loss some of his mobility but none of his strength.
Salazar wears a smile almost everywhere he goes along with his chain mail and black traveling cloak.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat]
AC 18 (chain mail, shield)
Initative 0
Speed 30
HP 13
Flail +5 to hit, range 5ft, 1d8+3 bludgeoning
Javelin +5 to hit, range 30/120ft, 1d6+3 piercing [/sblock]

[sblock=Ability Scores]
Strength 16 (+3)
Dexterity 10 (0)
Constitution 16 (+3)
Intelligence 14 (+2)
Wisdom 12 (+1)
Charisma 14 (+2) [/sblock]

[sblock=Saving Throws]
Strength +3
Dexterity +0
Constitution +3
Intelligence +2
Wisdom +3
Charisma +4 [/sblock]
[sblock=Skills]
Acrobatics +0
Animal Handling +3
Arcana +2
Athletics +5
Deception +2
History +2
Insight +3
Intimidation +2
Investigation +4
Medicine +1
Nature +1
Perception +1
Performance +2
Persuasion +4
Religion +2
Sleight of Hand +2
Stealth +2
Survival+3 [/sblock]

[sblock=Proficiencies]
Armor: All armor, shields
Weapons: Simple weapons, martial weapons
Tools, Smith tools, Land vehicles
Languages Common, Elvish, Dwarvish [/sblock]

[sblock=Features]
Divine Sense – As an action, you can open your awareness to detect strong evil or powerful good. Until the end of your next turn, you know the location of any celestial, fiend, or undead within 60 ft of you that is not behind total cover. You know the type of any being whose presence you sense but not its identity. Within the same radius, you also detect the presence of any place or object that has been consecrated or desectrated, as with the hallow spell.
You can use the feature a number of times equal to 1+ your Charisma modifier. When you finish a long rest, you regain all expended uses.

Lay on Hands – your blessed touch can heal wounds. You have a pool of healing power that replenishes when you take a long rest. With that pool, you can restore a total of hit points equal to your Paladin level x5.
As an action, you can touch a creature and draw power from the pool to restore a number of hit points to that creature, up to the maximum amount remaining in your pool.
Alternatively, you can expend 5 hit points from your pool of healing to cure the target of one disease or neutralize on poison affecting it. You can cure multiple diseases and neutralize multiple poisons with a single lay on hands, expending hit points separetly for each one.

Darkvision-You can see in dim light within 60ft of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.

Fey Ancestry-You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can’t put you to sleep.

Rustic Hospitality-since you come from the ranks of the common folk, you fit in among them with ease. You can find a place to hide, rest, or recuperate among other commoners, unless you have shown yourself to be a danger to them. They will shield you from the law or anyone else searching for you, though they will not risk their lives for you.[/sblock]

[sblock=Characteristics]

Defining event – I stood alone against a terrible monster.
Personality Trait – When I set my mind to something, I follow through no matter what gets in my way.
Ideal-Destiny. Nothing and no one can steer me away from my higher calling.
Bond – I worked the land, I love the land, and I will protect the land
Flaw –I’m convinced of the significance of my destiny, and blind to my shortcomings and the risk of failure. [/sblock]

[sblock=Equipment:] Flail, Shield with Holy symbol on the front, 5 javelins, chain mail, explorers pack (backpack, bedroll, mess kit, a tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, a waterskin and 50 ft of hempen rope, smiths tools, a shovel an iron pot, a set of common clothes and a belt pouch, 10 GP, 0 SP,0 CP [/sblock]

[Sblock=Background]
Salazar was born and raised a poor only child in the town of Thundertree. His father was a wood elf who decided to settle in Thundertree where he met Salazar’s mother. Sadly Salazar’s father was killed in a bar fight before he was able to marry Jackalyn but after she had become pregnant. Salazar endured a childhood of bullying disrespect but over time he overcame the judgment of the town by his affability and skill.

At a young age Salazar began to train as an apprentice black smith and happily served his master until Mount Hotenow erupted and cast the surviving inhabitants of Thundertree as refugees. Salazar risked his life dragging the body of his master from the flames and ashes suffering burns along the left side of his body.

Salazar has dreamt of returning to Thundertree and driving off the Dragon and Zombies that have taken residence there. Salazar knows he is destined to bring glory back to Thundertree and he will do it by will alone if need be.

[/Sblock]

Salazar ability scores attempt 1: 4D6.HIGH(3) = [3, 1, 6, 6] = 15
4D6.HIGH(3) = [3, 1, 6, 3] = 12
4D6.HIGH(3) = [4, 6, 5, 2] = 15
4D6.HIGH(3) = [3, 6, 3, 3] = 12
4D6.HIGH(3) = [3, 5, 4, 5] = 14
4D6.HIGH(3) = [4, 3, 3, 2] = 10

Last edited:

Remove ads