• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[5E] The worst race/class combinations?

TiwazTyrsfist

Adventurer
Also, Goliath have no penalty to hiding.

Goliath have no "Sneak Issue" beyond NOT having a racial bonus to dex.

Despite being 8ft tall, they are Medium.
Also Dwarves despite being as short at 4ft are Medium.

So mechanically, a Goliath can hide and sneak just as easily as a Dwarf...
...regardless of how much sense that does or does not make...

Concept: All Goliath Rogues are actually 2 Dwarven Rogues in a trench coat.

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester

There are many large animals, even larger than Goliaths, that sneak quite well. I don't see a problem with a sneaky Goliath.

LOL. I wonder how many Halflings would it take?

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Also, Goliath have no penalty to hiding.

Goliath have no "Sneak Issue" beyond NOT having a racial bonus to dex.

Despite being 8ft tall, they are Medium.
Also Dwarves despite being as short at 4ft are Medium.

Objects are sized in feet, so a Goliath will have a harder time getting concealment than a dwarf will. Size category isn’t all that important. A 4 ft tall gnome and a 4 ft tall dwarf can hide or not hide behind the same low wall.

Lenore

First Post
A couple of members in my favorite D&D group have moved away, so I suspect that we'll be doing a new campaign, whether or not we somehow get them involved again (probably through Skype or Roll20 or something). Whenever I make a new character, I go with whatever seems best (in our last campaign I was running a Bard Half-Elf with a bit of everything), but now I want a challenge. A stupid challenge, one that'll probably make my fellow players and our DM go "What the actual f**k are you doing?"
I've heard that a Ranger (Beast Master) is the worst class, and thinking about what might be the worst race for it, I wanted your opinions: What are the worst race/class combinations you people can come up with?
Let me know and I'll challenge my sanity by making up characters with the combinations.
My ranger beast master is the most badass in our whole party, even more so than the barbarian. I've saved the party from a TPK 3 times, Killed 2 dragons, and we are only at level 9. I wouldn't say they are the worst class at all

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
1656620316292.png

Ah... I think Vecna was behind this thread necro! ;)

@Lenore, welcome to the forum! Have a like. :)

Remove ads