D&D 5E 5e Warlord Demand Poll

How much demand is there for a dedicated warlord class??

• I am a player/DM of 5e and would like a dedicated warlord class

Votes: 61 26.3%
  • I am a player/DM of 4e and would like a dedicated warlord class

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • I am a player/DM of 5e and am satisfied with WotC's current offerings for a warlord-esque class

Votes: 67 28.9%
  • I am a player/DM of 5e and am satisfied with the current 3rd party offerings for a warlord class

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • I am a player/DM of 5e and I don't care whether WotC designs a warlord class for 5e

Votes: 94 40.5%
  • I am a player/DM of 4e and I don't care whether WotC designs a warlord class for 5e

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eubani

Legend
I am missing the "I am a player/DM of 5e and actively do not want WOTC to create a warlord class".

No more dissection of the warrior archetype into smaller and smaller chunks. Warlord is something characters can do at high level. As such it should be handled outside the class structure--get a castle? get an army. Run around conquering things and warlord-ing it up.

EDIT: voted "don't care" but that is a lie. I do care. I actively don't want a warlord class.
So it is alright for spellcasters to have more and more classes but martial characters can live with the small amount of nerd revenge design that gets thrown their way. I also find it disgusting that people actively campaign for the exclusion of something others want and that they can choose to ignore. Great so your enjoyment must come at the expense of others.

Gardens & Goblins

First Post
I also find it disgusting that people actively campaign for the exclusion of something others want and that they can choose to ignore.

Personally, I find it annoying when folks spam a forum with the threads the have the same content. There's no need for so many Warlord threads. Make a thread, state the case, make the suggestions, ask the questions: if its really something folks want, let them post and bump it.

Imaro

Legend
So it is alright for spellcasters to have more and more classes...

When did we get new spellcaster classes for 5e, and what are they??

I also find it disgusting that people actively campaign for the exclusion of something others want and that they can choose to ignore. Great so your enjoyment must come at the expense of others.

Eh, WotC has finite resources... if I am not interested in a warlord then hypothetically said finite reesources could have been used to produce something I do like or want for my game... so everyone's enjoyment has a cost associated with it.

Remathilis

Legend
Meh. I don't mind the mixture of Battlemaster, PDK, and Mastermind for warlord. If there is a desire for a warlord, isn't that what the DMs Guild is for?

That said, if there WAS one, I wouldn't mind. But I don't lose sleep over its absence.

Eubani

Legend
Personally, I find it annoying when folks spam a forum with the threads the have the same content. There's no need for so many Warlord threads. Make a thread, state the case, make the suggestions, ask the questions: if its really something folks want, let them post and bump it.

Sorry but like other classes you can discuss the Warlord class yet be talking about some different things such as what is a Warlord, How to give attacks in 5e, what different types of Warlord and how do they mechanically present. These and others are different discussions thus different threads. If you don't want to read a Warlord thread don;t open it is that simple. This happens to all classes when something interesting or contraversial comes up eg Rangers, Sorcerers and Lore Wizards just to name a few.

Eubani

Legend

Eh, WotC has finite resources... if I am not interested in a warlord then hypothetically said finite reesources could have been used to produce something I do like or want for my game... so everyone's enjoyment has a cost associated with it.
Look at the number of spellcasting classes and subclasses a bit of focus on martial would not hurt.

Gardens & Goblins

First Post
Sorry but like other classes you can discuss the Warlord class yet be talking about some different things such as what is a Warlord, How to give attacks in 5e, what different types of Warlord and how do they mechanically present. These and others are different discussions thus different threads. If you don't want to read a Warlord thread don;t open it is that simple. This happens to all classes when something interesting or contraversial comes up eg Rangers, Sorcerers and Lore Wizards just to name a few.

It's interesting to see the vote balance in the Warlord threads. I wonder if this is a genuine reaction from folks who really don't care or don't want a Warlord or if the current flood of Warlord posts is actually, rather than building support, simply annoying people.

Tallifer

Hero
This poll should be multiple choice (is such an option available in this forum? It is on Gallifrey Base) because several of the options are true for me: basically all the "satisfied with" or "see no need" ones: I run 5th, ran 4th (and would again if possible), I can build a Warlord using 5th rules, and I allow as a DM any reasonable builds from the DMs Guild.

The only thing I miss from 4th was the weird and wonderful albeit awkward synergy that Tactical Warlords and Wizards had. But I already played that, so time for new adventures with new possibilities.

Yunru

Banned
Banned

Like the Mess Mass Combat UA?
I know what I'd pick out of more options for players and that nonsense any day, even if I hated the specific options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads