D&D 5E 5th Edition demo materials

Jarval

Explorer
Are there any demo adventures or packets available for 5th Ed D&D? A local bookshop has contacted me to ask if I can do a demo of 5th Ed on the 21st to coincide with them getting the PHB in stock (as they're not a WPN store), and I was wondering if there's anything available online that's suitable for this?

I've downloaded the 5th Ed Basic Rules document and the pre-generated characters so far. We've only got just over a 2 hour timeslot, so the Lost Mine of Phandelver from the starter set might be a bit too much! :)

Are there any demo adventures or packets available for 5th Ed D&D? A local bookshop has contacted me to ask if I can do a demo of 5th Ed on the 21st to coincide with them getting the PHB in stock (as they're not a WPN store), and I was wondering if there's anything available online that's suitable for this?

I've downloaded the 5th Ed Basic Rules document and the pre-generated characters so far. We've only got just over a 2 hour timeslot, so the Lost Mine of Phandelver from the starter set might be a bit too much! :)
http://media.wizards.com/2014/downloads/dnd/HoardDragonQueen_Supplement1.pdf

There is a supplement containing monsters and magic here. Which you can use with the game. Also sometime this week Basic will be updated with Monsters, Magic Items and Dm advice. (And some errata.)

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
And if you need a 5E adventure... there's a handful that were created for the EN World module design contest. Each of them takes place on a single map location, so it's something you probably could get through in a couple of hours. Go HERE to take a look at them and see if any float your boat..

Tormyr

Hero
I think The Lost Mine of Phandelver could still work. You are only doing a 2 hour time slot. You get in there, and have everyone introduce themselves in character. Deal with the Goblins. Show up in town. Drop hints of further adventure hooks to wet their appetites and wrap it up.

Remove ads